STEP v2.10.0 Development

TechAngel85

I have never heard anyone mention they have an "Extreme STEP" or "Performance STEP" install. This nomenclature does seem dated.

As for the baseline...I don't see how getting rid of those terms would affect it. You are either at STEP baseline, above, or below. It seems logical enough to me. Besides, I guarantee that well over 90% of people are just downloading the version STEP tells them to. If someone is following a guide, they are doing it for a reason...

I'm with @DoubleYou. 'Baseline' is redundant when we already have 'Core' if the only criteria for 'Baseline' is the use of 1024k textures. Correct me if I'm wrong but I see no reason why using any other resolution for any texture would cause an issue later on. 'Core' should be sufficient.

As for the other two options, drop them.

"Core" and "Baseline" are two different things in this case. Our "baseline" is typically 1K for exteriors and 2K for interiors...though that isn't 100%. As I mentioned, I'm only talking about getting rid of the dated "Performance" and "Extreme" nomenclature. Nothing more changes than deleting two lines of text. I only brought it up to the attention of everyone for simple discussion. I'm not talking about changing anything that is part of the Guide's structure. These two terms were simply never really implemented and changed when we shifted gears towards Packs. Those lines should probably have been deleted a long time ago.

Baseline gives a somewhat clear indication of which "version" of the mod should be installed for a nominal setup and goes a bit beyond just resolution -- Enhanced Lighting for ENB-LITE (Interior Lighting) and Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (Main File) for example. For the Performance and Extreme nomenclature, I think the quality options should be sufficient since the quality options are relative to baseline quality (when baseline refers to resolution).

Okay, I've removed those two terms from the nomenclature. It's pointless to keep them there when they're not used.

I've also edited the setup of MO a bit. Since DynDOLOD now requires that the "Have MO manage archives" box be unchecked. It makes more sense to leave this as one of the last "cleanup" items before running the game. Therefore, I have removed the "MO Notes" from the High Res DLC, Brawl Bug, and Better Weapon Swings mod pages. In turn, I've added a note on the MO mod page instructing to not active the feature until the end of the Guide. Finally, I added a section below the mod tables titled "Archive Management" with all the instructions for turning on the archive management feature in one place. This should satisfy DynDOLOD requirements without adding even more instructions to its page. It shouldn't affect anything else in the Guide, but let me know if you can think of something that I can't which will have a negative impact as far as not having that feature turned on until the end of the Guide.

I think the main guide should have a note somewhere instructing users to untick Have MO Manage Archives because of the number of users that won't click "Detailed instructions available" on Mod Organizer because they think it's already setup and configured correctly.

I think the main guide should have a note somewhere instructing users to untick Have MO Manage Archives because of the number of users that won't click "Detailed instructions available" on Mod Organizer because they think it's already setup and configured correctly.

Yeah, I haven't figured out the best way to tell returning users about it. The new setup will have new users covered, but returning users need a notification. Putting up a notification on the DynDOLOD page would probably be the best place for it.

Will this new release allow still include Immersive Citizens? Heard they don't play nice with Jk and Extended Towns and Cities unless somebody can verify that they are successful in running all 3 of these mods with no issues

So where are we right now with this release? I'm severely under informed right now.

Nowhere really. Not much testing has been done. I've updated a few things on the Guide and mod pages, though. We basically just need to start testing the mods again since this is mainly a mod release version. I've kinda been waiting for DynDOLOD v2.0 to release from beta before doing so, but there's no particular reason for that. I've been working on my own projects in the meantime, like Jaggarsfeld. We do need to be looking into a new STEP Patch. Several mods, including USLEEP, have updated in the last month or so. I doubt it's anything major, though. That's about it.

Will this new release allow still include Immersive Citizens? Heard they don't play nice with Jk and Extended Towns and Cities unless somebody can verify that they are successful in running all 3 of these mods with no issues

Yes, it will and no, those mods don't play well together. It would take some CK work for them to be about. JK Cities Lite is more compatible. ETaC can be compatible if you use the modular version and skip the towns/cities that ICAIO covers.

There is now a light version of ICAIO though, which is according to author compatible with everything (said to be same level of compatibility as W&C). Would it be an idea to have ICAIO-Lite for Core, and ICAIO-full for the Extended pack? It would greatly improve STEP Core compatibility with other popular mods out there.

• +1 1

There is now a light version of ICAIO though, which is according to author compatible with everything (said to be same level of compatibility as W&C). Would it be an idea to have ICAIO-Lite for Core, and ICAIO-full for the Extended pack? It would greatly improve STEP Core compatibility with other popular mods out there.

Great to see you back here. I wonder if it compatible with ETaC.

I'd say that we could just tell users to use the full version unless you are going to install the city overhaul mods. We do something similar with another mod that I can't remember right now because I've been away too long.

Fantastic. I'm glad to see the mod author for ICAIO finally release something more compatable as creating patches for it on other mods have been very difficult.

Went to the nexus page and did not see a lite version of ICAIO. Nearox where did you find the lite version? Edited by fitmattd