STEP v2.10.0 Development

TechAngel85

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the system requirements as previously discussed. Please check them out to make sure that we're all in agreement. I looked over multiple benchmarks before deciding on those specs. Mainly just the video card section has been refined. I don't feel there is much of a processing difference between Core and Extended. The main difference would be in VRAM usage since a lot more textures are added; however, the card listed should be able to play a STEP modded Skyrim just fine. 2GB VRAM is recommended either way, but the more the merrier.

adding more retextures by Gamwich would be a nice improvement.

i.e.

-standing stones,

-strong box,

-word walls,

-revamped alchemy lab,

+ map etc. (all his clutter).

- Azuras Star

- Business Ledger

- Ramccoid's AIO Little Things

- Spider Egg Retexture - Green Egg, are also worth checking

other textures for horses, death hound, waterfalls, wearwolfs. 

Edited by Sixxness

I've updated the header to the opening section of the Guide to reflect our shift in versioning and provided the first major highlight of the release. The section can be used to simply highlight the changes from release to release. Changelog is provided for all changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your continued work on the project!

I don't know if you did so, but I hope you revisit the sound section. There are some mods in there that could be dropped imho:

Better Weapon Swing Sounds

Improved Combat Sounds

Ultra Realistic Bow Shoot Sounds

You may also want to move Smooth Blade Draw and Sheath before AOS to use the AOS samples.

Please don't forget about this. I would also add the recommendation to move AOS after realistic wolf howl sounds (after the STEP mod compilation).

The current sample selection reminds me a little of this :;): :

I would also like to recommend Noble Skyrim.

Edited by Spock

The sound section will take a couple of the staff going through and testing individually or one of us making a video to share for testing and comparing to vote on. That's a fairly long and time consuming task. I'll be on vacation next month in May. I might fit this into my "be as lazy as I possibly can be" schedule. :^_^:

• 5 weeks later...

I've added the STEP Patches into the nomenclature section since so many users ask about them and they are no longer an individual mod: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.10.0#Nomenclature

I question whether or not "Performance STEP" and "Extreme STEP" should remain in the section. We haven't used these terms in quite some time in regards to...well, anything really. I think they can be removed without issue. Opinions?

May as well - most users should be familiar enough with their own machines to know what it can or can't handle. Skyrim isn't a spring chicken anymore - it's limitations are (for the most part) known. If a user is trying to push their system to the limit with Skyrim, they most likely already know they are doing it. Core and Extended is as far as it really needs to be separated, I think.

I don't see why you would get rid of Baseline just because those two terms are no longer mentioned or used. That makes no sense to me. Baseline is still used often.

I'm just talking about the nomenclature definitions being dropped. Nothing else.