Clicking Post Doesn't Complete

Greg

Question

Has anyone else noticed that clicking Post (to post a new message) brings up the message "Saving post..." (or something to that effect), but it never completes posting the message? Just to be clear, the message is posted but the UI makes it seems as if it is hung.

14 answers to this question

Noticed in the last couple days when I post from mobile, after I post the automatic redirect to the topic shows up as a Server error. I just go back to the main STEP forum index, and it shows my post as not being read. However, it does post successfully.

I assume this is the reason for the recent uptick in double posts.

Edit: Also didn't happen this time for me.

Edited by Nebulous112

Hmm...I wonder if it is Google re-crawling the pages, per Tech's suggestion on the topic I started regarding issues on mobile.

I noticed when I switched to "full" version earlier to attempt a PM (for which I got a server error, not sure if it went through) that "Google" was one of the "members" browsing the forums.

Has anyone else noticed that clicking Post (to post a new message) brings up the message "Saving post..." (or something to that effect), but it never completes posting the message? Just to be clear, the message is posted but the UI makes it seems as if it is hung.

that happend to be yesterday all day and today for most of the day not been able to even load any of the forums pages overiously working now.

I have noticed the same. The forum was down from around 9:15pm or 9:30pm MST. Still down at 12:30am MST, checked this morning at around 7am MST and still down. Was up for me when I checked at around 9:45am this morning.

Also, the forums were down the previous night for a couple hours as well, but came back up much quicker.

Although, I have not experienced what you guys are talking about (not really sure what the issue is either .. you mean clicking "Reply to this topic" or quick reply window at bottom --> 'Post' or both?), I do know that s4n was updating our Tapatalk forum plugin to resolve the redirect problem, so this update process may have resulted in some odd behavior.

My guess is that all is well now??

No issues for me, past or present.