Mo adding lines to skyrim.ini

Octopuss

Question

I don't know when it started (I am sure it didn't happen in past, but what exactly past is I have no idea), but since unknown time ago, MO has been adding

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

into my skyrim.ini. I have the inis always open in Notepad++, and everytime I run MO, I get this popup that the file changed and whether I want to reload it, which is annoying.

Does anyone know why is MO doing this, and which settings are responsible? I couldn't find them. Also, is this happening to anyone else?

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Those lines should not be in Skyrim.ini. If they are, remove them. See if that doesn't fix it.

just had a look and i've got these line too so I removed them reload MO and low and behold these line are back it appears MO is adding then everytime you load it up maybe setting the ini file is Read only once your happy will sort it.

What settings do you both have that touch BSAs?

In the Profile Manager do you have that set to handle Archive Invalidation and in the Workarounds is Force Game files enabled?

I have just installed a completely fresh Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas and two installs of MO only the other day and I'm not seeing this.

Also all my INIs are not set to RO, nor should they, so that might be something.

I have the same occurrence as well with MO 1.3.11. Tried deleting the lines once, but they respawned. "Force Game Files" is enabled and for whatever reason "Automatic Archive Invalidation" in Profiles is not. Should i turn this on and try again deleting both lines from the .ini?

(Edit: I just re-read the parts of the MO Guide about Archive Invalidation. The reason i didn't check this was because i (when initially setting up MO) clicked "Backdate BSAs", but i haven't touched this button after upgrading to 1.3.11)

Edited by Cornelius2022

What happens with a bare minimum profile with no mods active and fresh copies of INIs in the folder?

Maybe a mod is adding something? Not likely but I'm clutching at straws here.

Or maybe you have another tool open in memory with the INIs loaded? Notepad++ maybe?

Of course I have the inis opened in Notepad++, that's what I said and that's how I found out.

The lines are added upon loading a profile no matter how is it set up (mods, no mods, etc.).

I completely missed that part of your comment, sorry.  :confused:

What I was thinking though was the changes are being reverted by Notepad++, MO.

Ah. No, it doesn't work like that at all. Notepad only detects a change in the file(s) it has opened, it doesn't do any changes automatically.

I guess we'll have to wait for Tannin to comment on this.

Which is exactly what I asked! :O_o:

Or maybe you have another tool open in memory with the INIs loaded? Notepad++ maybe?