SRLE - Explorer's Edition

have you looked at adding Shor's Stone to your list https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70751/?

Not yet, as I have been waiting for the Lite version of JK which.... Has just been released! 

The nexus page is very detailed with FPS improvement stats etc. The author has also tried to remove all navmesh edits and content deemed to be incompatible with Immersive Citizens.

I need to test the mod ingame, but I am pretty sure this is gonna be added and that I can finally move on with the guide :)

Not yet, as I have been waiting for the Lite version of JK which.... Has just been released! 

The nexus page is very detailed with FPS improvement stats etc. The author has also tried to remove all navmesh edits and content deemed to be incompatible with Immersive Citizens.

I need to test the mod ingame, but I am pretty sure this is gonna be added and that I can finally move on with the guide :)

Setting up JK LITE now

Do you plan to use ETaC modular without other village mods?

I don't know yet, essentially stopped development until the release of Jk Lite :)

But considering that JK Lite's author said that a lite version for the villages won't come until next year, and Immersive Citizens doens't seem to get a regular update, I'll probably move forward and include ETaC/Arhtmoor's stuff.

I compared JK LITE version with Dawn of Skyrim. JK LITE has overall better performance than DoS.

I like Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, and Windhelm from DoW. I think JK LITE feel a little empty.

JK LITE has better Markarth.

I tried both at the same time, most beautiful, but performance heavy.

I compared JK LITE version with Dawn of Skyrim. JK LITE has overall better performance than DoS.

I like Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, and Windhelm from DoW. I think JK LITE feel a little empty.

JK LITE has better Markarth.

I tried both at the same time, most beautiful, but performance heavy.

how big of a hit is JK Lite and dawn of Skyrim

I tested JK LITE and DoS more. They work well together, especially Whiterun and Riften. I don't see much change in Solitude over DoS alone. Markarth is beautiful when using both at the same time.

This combo will use much higher block1 memory due to more objects. I got infinite loading screen lol, before I raise block1. 

Testing the combo make me miss full JK's Skyrim.

Edited by darkside

would it be possible to add  a download link next to the conflict  resolution guide  for a premade  patch for people who want it ?

I have the same request.

I know that some testing needs to be done regarding the new released JKs Cities - Lite. But it would be great after the guide matures to have a premade conflict patch.

Also, it would be nice to have a change log to keep tract of the changes, even if it's not as complex as the one Neo keeps for SRLE.

Thanks a lot Nearox, for taking the task of making this extension to SRLE possible.

Edited by edynacio

I have one question :

I started making my own  CR patch for this  and while it is working well , there is one thing that seems strange to me :

Some of the records that  need editing i did not find in the persistent folder as the guide said but instead i found them in the temporary folder .

Is this normal ?

I edited them nonetheless into the patch  but i am wondering if something is wrong with  this ? 

Edit : i think i am gonna wait for a while with patching since i am encountering a lot of problems  with either records  being in the wrong place or are their not at all .

Edited by thorgal

Allright so finally I was able to add in JK Lite, and after some testing I also added in DoS. The combo doesn't cost much FPS on my system, which is rather outdated (2500k + hd6950), and seems so far to be compatible with IC-AO. 

As for the conflict resolution: I won't be providing a patch until I consider the guide to be at least akin to something like 'version 1.0'. There's most likely going to be too many small changes and testing for me to upload a new conflict resolution file all the time. There's a couple of mod conflict headaches to figure out. Besides, this way there's more opprtunity for you to provide feedback on that :)

Personally I wouldn't do a playthrough with Explorer Edition's mod combo as of yet. I am waiting for the new version of Beyond Reach and Summerset Isle, both which are said to include crucial bug fixes.

Lastly, I still need to make up my mind between Enhanced Landscapes and Skyrim Landscape Overhaul. I contacted the authors regarding some mod compatiblity and dyndolod stuff, but if any of you have comparison screenshots between the 2 mods: please do provide they would be a big help! 

Skyrim landscape Overhaul is by far the best. Enhanced landscapes tends to hit the frames but the mountains part is awesome, to bad the standalone was removed.

Last time I checked, one can use both.

SLO to me seems to have more obvious additions, as in larger objects/structures whereas EL appears more about adding smaller but higher quantity objects like rocks and fences. I for instance really like what EL did to the roads. Generally SLO is slightly more pleasing to my eye. I haven't played many hours with either mod.

However EL seems to have better compatibility out of the box, the author has patched several mods via dyndoLOD. Judging from the comments on SLO, on the other hand, there seem to be a couple of small issues with AS-LAL and CRF. Nothing that can;t be fixed, but as I haven;t had time to test both mods in all areas I would say I am currently leaning towards EL - at least until I played around more with both mods. 

SLO to me seems to have more obvious additions, as in larger objects/structures whereas EL appears more about adding smaller but higher quantity objects like rocks and fences. I for instance really like what EL did to the roads. Generally SLO is slightly more pleasing to my eye. I haven't played many hours with either mod.

However EL seems to have better compatibility out of the box, the author has patched several mods via dyndoLOD. Judging from the comments on SLO, on the other hand, there seem to be a couple of small issues with AS-LAL and CRF. Nothing that can;t be fixed, but as I haven;t had time to test both mods in all areas I would say I am currently leaning towards EL - at least until I played around more with both mods. 

with SLO you need to make sure cutting room floor loaded after SLO otherwise the blacksmith near the nightengale inn is covered in snow there are also a lot of rocks covering the road just outside rokistead near shoals rest which cna make it difficlut with followers when navigating I had issues with sofia she wouldn't walk over the rocks covering the path. there are a few conflicts with betterr dynamic snow in Tes5edit but they can be sorted out in a CR

I agree that SLO is lighter hit on FPS I do like Enhanced landscapes as well on my system with EL installed it goes down as far 35fps walking from riverwood to whiterun

(proberly not the best place to test as that is the worst area in the game for FPS) once past whiterun I can maintain 60FPS most of the time with Dyndolod setting at Medium.

on the other hand in the same area SLO went down to 50-45FPS with dyndolod at medium.

I still haven't decided which i will use for a new actual playthrough yet

Edited by Darth_mathias

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.