[WIP] Merge Plugins Standalone {PUBLIC BETA}

Mator

Question

Merge Plugins Standalone has been publicly released

To get the latest version (v2.1.1) you'll have to download from Nexus Mods. I'll be pushing the new version onto the backend in a few days (I just want to encourage people to download from the Nexus so they can endorse it).

This thread is now effectively closed.

Thanks,

- Mator

Edited by Mator
  • +1 1

This Standalone Merge Utility is Marvellous!  :thumbsup:

Great Job!

I've got some plugins which I hadn't managed to Merge with the script version and with this utility I have managed to make the merge files.

Firstly, I was afraid of possibly my knowledge will not get enough to use this tool, but fortunately it is very easy to use!

Ps.: But a great demonsration video would be more useful, just in addition the description section.

But there's one thing I am not sure wheter should I set these values?

33w88jb.jpg

And just one request, or recommendation: a search box would be useful in my opinion at the left side, where the mods are. Just like for instance how LOOT has.

Edited by kranazoli

This Standalone Merge Utility is Marvellous!  :thumbsup:

Great Job!

I've got some plugins which I hadn't managed to Merge with the script version and with this utility I have managed to make the merge files.

Firstly, I was afraid of possibly my knowledge will not get enough to use this tool, but fortunately it is very easy to use!

Ps.: But a great demonsration video would be more useful, just in addition the description section.

But there's one thing I am not sure wheter should I set these values?

And just one request, or recommendation: a search box would be useful in my opinion at the left side, where the mods are. Just like for instance how LOOT has.

I will be making a video at the time of full release.  There's no point in making a video for a beta when the final version may have a lot of features that aren't/weren't present in the beta, because then I'd have to make a video again.  My time is very limited.  If someone else wants to make a video, they are of course free to (please, convince Gopher or someone to make a video, that would get Merge Plugins so much more exposure).

Integrations tab:

You only need the BSAOpt integration if you're using the "Build merged BSA" option.  You only need the decompiler, compiler, papyrus flags paths if you're using the "Handle Script Fragments" option.

Search box:

There might be a search box, not yet certain of that.  There will definitely be type-based searching/jumping through plugins and merges, like there is with the windows filesystem.

I will be making a video at the time of full release.  There's no point in making a video for a beta when the final version may have a lot of features that aren't/weren't present in the beta, because then I'd have to make a video again.  My time is very limited.  If someone else wants to make a video, they are of course free to (please, convince Gopher or someone to make a video, that would get Merge Plugins so much more exposure).

Integrations tab:

You only need the BSAOpt integration if you're using the "Build merged BSA" option.  You only need the decompiler, compiler, papyrus flags paths if you're using the "Handle Script Fragments" option.

Search box:

There might be a search box, not yet certain of that.  There will definitely be type-based searching/jumping through plugins and merges, like there is with the windows filesystem.

Hey,

1.) Video: I see, and you are right. I do hope Gopher or Gamerpoets will make a nice presentaion video from this very useful and also looking good standalone version of the mod.

2.) About BSA merge I have an idea what is it, but I have never heard about "Handle Script Fragments". I'll have to find out some infos about...

3.) At this moment, the most time consuming stuff for me with this new tool, to find the mods I want to merge together. I am not joking. But maybe I am the weaker one. :)

1.) Video: I see, and you are right. I do hope Gopher or Gamerpoets will make a nice presentaion video from this very useful and also looking good standalone version of the mod.

Yeah, I might have to poke them a bit. poke.gif

2.) About BSA merge I have an idea what is it, but I have never heard about "Handle Script Fragments". I'll have to find out some infos about...

Documentation has stuff on it, I think (EDIT: Yes). So does the OP.

3.) At this moment, the most time consuming stuff for me with this new tool, to find the mods I want to merge together. I am not joking. But maybe I am the weaker one. :)

That suggests your load order isn't sorted so the plugins you want to merge are contiguous, which is bad. Don't use LOOT.

Edited by Mator

Yeah, I might have to poke them a bit. poke.gif

Documentation has stuff on it, I think (EDIT: Yes). So does the OP.

That suggests your load order isn't sorted so the plugins you want to merge are contiguous, which is bad. Don't use LOOT.

Okay.

Something is confusing me or you, I guess.

At the scripted version of Merge Plugin tutorial videos plugins were after each other:

plugin 1

plugin 2

plugin 3

etc... without any break, any other mods among them.

This is how we should use this standalone version as well?

(Sry, I do not  really understand your last statement, maybe the lack of my english knowledge)

:/

13z2wpe.jpg

Didn't stop launching, but got this error.

Edited by kranazoli

At the scripted version of Merge Plugin tutorial videos plugins were after each other:

plugin 1

plugin 2

plugin 3

etc... without any break, any other mods among them.

This is how we should use this standalone version as well?

Yes.

13z2wpe.jpg

Didn't stop launching, but got this error.

Critical bug. Fixed just now. GitHub Issue.

Critical issue with build 2.0.1.30. If you updated to it, you should still be able to update to 2.0.1.33. If not, you can try creating a text document called changelog.txt in your merge plugins folder, which should stop the access violation and resume normal functionality. I also updated the download in the OP to 2.0.1.33.

1.) LOOT and Load Order: I have no idea why I thought we need to use LOOT before merge mods with this tool. I was confused for some reason. Interesting... Maybe I have read something else and mixed things up. How stupid I am. :) And I have searched the plugins for minutes, I was annoyed, etc... Trololo :)

2.) The new version works great.

Thank you for your support! :unworthy:

Hi Mator, so I understand you can't merge any plugins with the GetFormFromFile function. Is it feasible to deactivate all mods in the <Contains Scripts> category in MO and assume the rest are safe to merge? (minus the requiem stuff)

EDIT: Thanks for the replies! I'll stick to merging patches and the most basic esps I can.

Edited by euphoricknave

Scripts are inside of BSA as well and will be missed by the filter.

Unless you unpack all your mods you may miss some mods with scripts.

Also GetFormFromFile targets a specific esp. If you change the name of the target esp, as say, the result of a merge, then the function call will not work.

• +1 1

Hi Mator, so I understand you can't merge any plugins with the GetFormFromFile function. Is it feasible to deactivate all mods in the category in MO and assume the rest are safe to merge? (minus the requiem stuff)

See, the nature of this issue is it comes not from the files you merge, but from the files you don't merge.  (sometimes from the ones you merge as well, if they reference themselves with GetFormFromFile... *shivers*).  But anywho, because of this your only course of action is to know which mods use this and what mods they use it with.  Essentially, if any mod brags about being explicitly compatible (offering features/changes) with another mod without requiring it as a master or using patch files which require it as a master, you're dealing with GetFormFromFile.

as far as the FormId and filename sensitive scripts, mator is trying to find a good method.

I already know the only way it can be done, it just sucks ass and I really don't want to do it.  :woot:

• +1 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question for I do not know the answer. This question is related to Bash Tags.

1.) Do we have to care Bash Tags with Merge Plugins?

- So, if I merge one, or two plugins which had Bash Tags they will carry over to the Merged Plugin as well?

- Or, do we have to set those Bash Tags by manually for every created Merged Plugin?

2.) Sry, for my "stupid" question but I do not really know too much about Bash Tags. I've been using Wrye Bash and it is done everything instead of me. I hope so. :) If we have to sets Bash Tags for Merge Plugins as well, where could I get the infos what kind of Bash Tags should I set for them?

I am able to use Merge Plugins either by the srcipted method, or the new standalone beta tool. I can use Wrye Bash, but just how for instance we needed at STEP Guide, which I call a very easy wash my hear and get to go method.

Thank you!

Hi Guys,

I have a question for I do not know the answer. This question is related to Bash Tags.

1.) Do we have to care Bash Tags with Merge Plugins?

- So, if I merge one, or two plugins which had Bash Tags they will carry over to the Merged Plugin as well?

- Or, do we have to set those Bash Tags by manually for every created Merged Plugin?

2.) Sry, for my "stupid" question but I do not really know too much about Bash Tags. I've been using Wrye Bash and it is done everything instead of me. I hope so. :) If we have to sets Bash Tags for Merge Plugins as well, where could I get the infos what kind of Bash Tags should I set for them?

I am able to use Merge Plugins either by the srcipted method, or the new standalone beta tool. I can use Wrye Bash, but just how for instance we needed at STEP Guide, which I call a very easy wash my hear and get to go method.

Thank you!

Merging will not carry bash tags over, but you can apply Wrye Bash to a merged plugin just as you can to any other plugin.  Just edit the description and add the bash tags.  I'd add them at the beginning so they don't get truncated by the CK, should you choose to load the plugin in the CK.

Edited by Mator