The Notice Board (by MannyGT)

Hackfield

What would actually be best for immersion would be adding mailboxes at player homes. Then making it so the courier delivered mail there only. And have all player mailboxes linked together. In this way both vanilla and mod added quest could be made available to player. But reading mail should not automaticlly start those quest. Instead the player's mail is put in inventory after reading from mailbox. Then when player wants to do quest. They open and read from inventory. This then starts the quest. I'm sure this is possible to do. Much like spell or skill books picked up as loot. You must then read them to acuire skill or spell. This degree of mod creation is above my skill grade. But maybe someone may decide to run with it. As for reading giving XP. Yes. But only a very small amount. Because reading [noun] books is the foundation that leads to better skills. But using [verb] that knowledge is where mastery of skill comes from. In short, talking without walking , leads to nowhere. Cheers

• +1 2

What would actually be best for immersion would be adding mailboxes at player homes. Then making it so the courier delivered mail there only. And have all player mailboxes linked together. In this way both vanilla and mod added quest could be made available to player. But reading mail should not automaticlly start those quest. Instead the player's mail is put in inventory after reading from mailbox. Then when player wants to do quest. They open and read from inventory. This then starts the quest. I'm sure this is possible to do. Much like spell or skill books picked up as loot. You must then read them to acuire skill or spell. This degree of mod creation is above my skill grade. But maybe someone may decide to run with it. As for reading giving XP. Yes. But only a very small amount. Because reading [noun] books is the foundation that leads to better skills. But using [verb] that knowledge is where mastery of skill comes from. In short, talking without walking , leads to nowhere. Cheers

I always hated the omniscient courier who knows exactly where you are out in the middle of nowhere, in the wilderness...

Also, life doesn't turn around the dragonborn, no one should know who you are unless you've killed a dragon near them.

I disagree with the second half of that statement. Given how quickly news of a dragon spread across Skyrim, the news and the identity of someone who killed one would spread just as quickly. The Dragonborn is a modern-day legend, and the Jarls and other notables will do pretty much anything to get him on 'their' side. The prestige alone would be worth most any price for that kind of association. Think how people name drop in RL... then imagine if a Jarl was able to say, "So, the Dragonborn was here last week, and we agreed..." The political capital to be gained there would be substantial.

I agree that the courier's Dragonborn GPS System seems to be more accurate than Garmin's, however. I like the concept of the mod, just not sure I NEED more little filler quests. There are so many in the game as it is that even after almost four years of play, I still run across ones I somehow missed on occassion. Although I really like the idea of the 'local' notices... it's like the water tower of SKyrim. Say it with Krylon!