CASM Not Working

Barachiel

Question

Me again.  :D

So yeah, CASM doesn't work.  It used to.  It acts like it does.  But it doesn't.  

I can hit F4 once, nothing.  hit F4 twice "CASM is saving" message but no new save.  Hit it again nothing.  I have to hit it a LOT to make it save again.  But no new save.

Incremental saves, not working.  No messages.  

If it wasn't for the fact that it's in my MCM, I woudln't even know it was installed.

I went to the CASM page but none of the help requests there have been answered in over a year, so I'm not wasting my time.

I have NVSE installed (GetNVSEVersion reports version 5), the Steam overlay re-enabled (read in an old thread this was required for nvse to work properly, dunno if I believe that, but i'm desparate).  I've gone back down to to NVSE 4.5.  no fix, and a new error from the Command & Control mod, so reverted back to version 5 beta 2.  Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Still nothing.  

Any ideas what's going on?  

Yeah, I agree with you.

The only thing different from this F&L playthrough and the last is Windows 10.

Could that be blocking something?

Also, I've noticed my entire Steam directory and its subs are marked "Read Only" which is weird, because I can write to the various INI files.  I've tried unchecking it, waiting the 15+ minutes for it to uncheck all the files.... and then it goes right back to being Read-Only.

I'm guessing that's the issue, but I can't seem to fix it.

Yes, @hishutup has on several occasions reported that he noticed permissions had changed on his system when he 'updated' to Win10, so I'm assuming your system likewise has been touched by MS in a bad way.

You should be able to change the permissions easily enough though with Windows via the context menu,"Properties -- Security", on the affected folders.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's the same issue I had last year.

CASM with MCM cannot save.  It says it is, but no new saves are being made/overwritten.  I'm on a brand new install of Windows 10, fresh install of Steam, etc.  I thought perhaps it might be that i was using the "Local Savegame" option for my F&LNV profile, so I turned it off and moved my saves back to the standard folder.  Still doesn't work.

Normal CASM still does, though, so if there's still no solution for this, looks like I'll be reverting back again.  Any ideas?