Langleys Textures Workshop

frihyland

Whoaa, I'll definitely help with the Dwemer stuff. I was recently looking for Dwemer retextures on the Nexus but didn't find any, Didn't come across that one for sure!

EDIT: Should I test the clean version too? Doesn't really make sense to do so, everybody is gonna be like "They look like they were made just last night! Yada yada".

• 1 month later...

You know we've tried multiple times to test this mod and have found it extremely difficult due to the vast variety of textures that it covers. You're basically going to have to do a compare of each texture. This means figuring out what STEP uses for each of these textures (far easier with MO) and posting compares for each. There is either going to be a lot used from Langleys, hardly anything used or a mix with a lot of textures being hidden.

I know what I was doing when putting this mod back into testing. Yes, it is a major effort to sieve through and compare all the textures for STEP (and Skyrim Revisited), no matter how it's sliced. However, it's an effort better done sooner than later, if only to help get it over with. We have the mod testers, and I'd imagine there are a lot of gems buried inside this pack. Gems that we should uncover.

It's not like we have anything better to do until Z and s4n have more time to push the pack stuff out of beta. Might as well test as much stuff as possible. Not sure we the testers though, phazer still has some system issues and I haven't phyro in a couple weeks, and then roots tends to drop in a do a mod here and there. Tech, DY, and myself are default hombres for testing, writing, and releasing right now. Unless of course, you decide you want to return to being a release coordinator...  :whistling:

We have one mod tester active (or was active) and the rest is done by the ones SRB mentioned and a few sparse users here and there when they see a mod they like. The rule of thumb for all staff is to be willing to do the testing yourself if you add anything into Testing rather than pushing it off onto other users and staff. This has been mentioned many times and has been the rule of thumb for adding mods into Testing for a good while now due to our sparse number of users (staff included) actually doing the testing. (Testing is a lot of work!) It "grinds my gears" when we start having a ton of mods show up in testing and those that add them expect others to do the work when those others are already doing 90% of the work.

/rant finished...

If you add mods to testing though, I will get to them eventually. About a month ago I got into the mood to test and just started getting stuff done. Many of those mods hadn't even had any activity on there threads for over a month, but I could easily find them because of the testing tag. I don't really mind if there are lots of mods added by staff because then I can click the little testing tag and get a nice list of everything and work my way through it. I dont' even care if mods aren't going to make it to STEP, at least we will know for sure after some screens.

Plus, we can just remove mods when we are done testing, no harm, no foul.

Soon enough I ought to be able to start. Laptop is finally back after a 28 day incarceration, and having more money put in via parts and labor than it was probably still worth  (got to love warranties); still not sure why they didn't cut their losses and give me store credit. I'm actually going to complain about it once I get through looking over the particulars. They deserve as much since it shouldn't have taken 2 days to do let alone 28.

Summer Semester is almost over so my workload is decreasing a bit. I'm going to be doing a format of my desktop this weekend if all goes as planned. Speaking of my desktop. If anyone wants to help me look for deals on the WD Red 3-4TB (~$150 for 4TB; $110 for 3TB) or HGST Deskstars in the same range I'd appreciate it. It looks like two of my 'workers' are about to buy the great 'magnetic aluminum farm in the sky' which is simply unacceptable they are not allowed to quit after 7 years they're in it for life (mine).

• 2 years later...