Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul by (Rafuel and Alexandriel)

TechAngel85

There are not any conflicts with Clothing and Clutter Fixes for STEP. Your guide is probably using the EotW Mage Robes Compatible Textures file from CCF. STEP doesn't use this.

Don't think you need about patch. Only about 95% sure. Will need Kry to look it over, but it only messes with hoodless robes from looking at it in xEdit. It only uses a texture replacer for default hoods.

Look at the original robe templates that the esp redirects away from. They are Modded by CCF. It's not a direct conflict, it's indirect as the templates determine stats.

I just made a replacer esp for this mod that incorporates all of CCF changes to the corresponding templates. Also have incorporated the USKP fix in the armor-addon section that adds an amulet slot.

I have some questions as I am not quite familiar with permissions...by the way I do not have any plans to publish it on Nexus as a standalone patch/replacer mod but to provide it to either kryptopyr or Alexandriel to host it in their Nexus mod page.

Now the questions:

1. Do I have to contact both authors?

2. This replacer esp does not have CCF as master as I have copied into it all the relevant keyowords from CCF; which techically means that CCF is not needed as a master for this plugin to work. Since it is meant to be a CCF compatible version and since it uses CCF assets should I just add CCF as a master although it does not need it?

Thanks for your assistance in advance and please do let me know if there is any more to it that I am neglecting/forgetting.  ::):

• +1 1

As far as I'm concerned, you can post it yourself or offer it to Alexandriel.  I encourage people to carry over my changes into their mods, and I'm all too happy to see people making patches for my mods.  I wouldn't make CCF a master if it doesn't need to be.  What assets are you using from CCF?  Do you just mean the record edits or are other assets altered?

With replacer esps, you should probably contact the author of the original file.  Uploading a replacement esp, even if it still requires users to download other assets from the original mod, is still uploading someone else's work, so I'd get permission first. 

Patch files are more of a gray area, and the general feeling seems to be that if the patch's purpose is simply to make two or more mods play nicely together, then it's okay to upload without permission from the mod authors.  However, if the patch is fundamentally changing the way one of the mods works or altering the intention of the mod author, then it's probably best to seek permission.

Thanks kryptopyr for your reply! Very much understood.

I will contact Alexandriel to offer him the compatible esp.

By the expression "CCF assets" I meant that I have included in this replacer esp the appropriate keywords from CCF. Nothing more.

Thank you all!  ::):

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...