SKSE launch problems when run through MO with NO mods

Aerandor

Question

Hi All,

So after royally messing up my game through overwriting mods I shouldn't have, I decided to start over and ditch NMM for MO. After getting all my mods re-downloaded, installed, and sorted correctly, I tried running SKSE from MO and would get through the bethesda logo and to the main screen, but whenever I'd try to load a save or start a new one the game would just hang/crash.

Figuring it was a problem with my mods, I unchecked everything but the vanilla files (I have all three dlcs) and tried running it that way, expecting I'd have to go through with the mods active in small batches until I found the source of the problem. However, the result was the same as when I had all the mods implemented, with the game just hanging/crashing when loading/starting a save.

To make sure that it wasn't the game itself, I loaded up the game through skse outside of MO and had no trouble at all. So at this point I can only assume there is some sort of problem coming from MO when I run the game, but I have no idea what it would be. Any help would be appreciated :)

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No, not your Papyrus logs, the logs from the MO logs folder.

Delete them all and then start MO and Skyrim again, this will ensure only log entries from the last try will be entered.

You can use an online service like PasteBin or Copy.com or simply zip them and post the link.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here is the Copy.com link:

https://copy.com/3Zo622KgX1wsMPls

Also, an interesting note: The game will still start after it goes through all the error messages for the new game, but the perspective is wrong. Instead of sitting in the back of the wagon like normal, the POV is from inside the character's chest (you can see a bit of the outline for the legs and arms if you look straight down) and is shifted forward and down so that it looks like I'm halfway stuck into the driver's seat. I'm guessing this is a problem relating to the errors, so hopefully it will be solved once those are. I thought it might be helpful to know anyway though.

Also, thanks so much for everyone continuing to try and help me work through these difficulties, I sincerely appreciate it.

Edited by Aerandor

Before we go any further can you confirm that the initial issue of SKSE not loading is fixed?

If so it would be better to finish this topic and create another, if it still is an issue remove all the non-necessary mods you have loaded, or use another profile.

Now if SKSE is now okay and you are having difficulties with SkyUI and FNIS I'm going to need to see the contents of the "Sensual" profile you are running. From a cursory glance at the log it looks like you have your mod priorities all wrong. So zip the entire contents of that folder and post the link.

SKSE is now working fine as it related to the original problem. I'm not sure if the problems with FNIS and SKYUI are connected to it though. I have had some difficulty understanding how mod priorities work in MO, so that is not too surprising. I will start a new topic and post a link to the zipped contents.

Edited by Aerandor