Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim (by Enai Siaion)

MysticDaedra

Not sure who the snoozyboy who made that comment on your forum is. Checking the member list shows there's no-one called snoozyboy registered. Of course he could use a different name here.

Wait, what?  :O_o: Then why did he say he was giving feedback from "the staff"?  ::O:

Well whoever it was was presumably referring to the post made by TechAngel, who is staff, where he critiqued several of the perks. Unless 'snoozyboy' decides to say who he is registered as here I seriously doubt he could be said to be the STEP staff mouthpiece.

Simply because a user is a member here doesn't mean they're affiliated with official STEP. Most the staff have links in their signatures to their Nexus profiles. Simply because a Staff member writes a quick post (that was a reply to another user) doesn't mean it's anything 'official'. You seem like a good guy that's just worked up a bit too easily. I never even seen your posts or comment asking for feedback. My post was posted only after a very quick look over your archery section. I didn't look at anything else on your page. I'd be happy to work with you and provide you constructive feedback from my prospective. That would require me doing much more than a read over of one section on your description, though.

Nothing in this topic is 'official', until it's marked for testing. That goes for any mod topic thread on STEP. Until then, the posts are the opinions of the individuals doing the posting.

EnaiSiaion is just feeling abused right now. Releasing any mod that gets popular fast inspires some people to post complaints. And daring to do something similar to an established, popular mod gets fans of that mod on the defensive so they come and attack. Things will get better once this initial wave of negativity and hostility subsides.

• +1 2

So my topic was kinda co-opted by STEP to become the "official" Ordinator mod thread... which I don't have a problem with. Just wanted to know if anyone had any mod/config suggestions for integrating Ordinator into the SR:LE pack. I know the biggest "conflict" if it can be called that is with ASIS. The SR:LE pack recommends only selecting the NPC Enchant Fix, it doesn't say anything about the other options. Is there another mod in the pack that gives perks etc to NPCs, that I am forgetting? Or is ASIS doing it anyways regardless of the choice when using SUM?

Posting a topic in this forum is fair game for all.  :devil:  It's the main forum for all mod topics. Stuff specific to SR:LE is handled over in the pack forums in it's forums so that Neo will notice it. Perhaps just post in feedback for his Guide and direct him over here?

Sure thing. Maybe since Ordinator doesn't skyproc everything like PerMa he'd consider adding it? Only thing is there are quite a few other perk overhaul mods available and he for whatever reason decided not to add them. Was kinda hoping for a guide similar to the SR:LE PerMa guide that Phazer11 is working on.

EnaiSiaion is just feeling abused right now. Releasing any mod that gets popular fast inspires some people to post complaints. And daring to do something similar to an established, popular mod gets fans of that mod on the defensive so they come and attack. Things will get better once this initial wave of negativity and hostility subsides.

Actually, I don't mind negative feedback. I do mind people who just go "meh bad mod" without giving any information. For instance, the archery review on the previous page along with the one in my thread have been very helpful, and thanks a lot for that!

However, this guy who posted on my forum unhelpfully bashed the mod and made it appear like he was a STEP member. So yes, I was pissed at STEP for unhelpfully bashing the mod. Apparently I was deceived! :(

First thoughts:

I am not too fond of editing things for the sake of testing, so this is just what I found playing through. First, I did not notice ANY lag whatsoever opening the skill screen. I saw a few posts about that on your forum. Second, from what I saw of all the perks nothing is really OP or UP. Some may or may not be unbalanced (I cannot say whether anything is or isn't at this time, need to play more. Loading it up as soon as I finish this post ;) ), but other than the new perks that are much different from PerMa or Vanilla, they look great to me. I will come back after I level up a bit in-game and can give more impressions.

I love the direction this mod is going. Looking forward to what it looks like in a couple months :)

• +1 1

For what it's worth, I love your mods (Spectraverse, Dwemerverse and especially Apocalypse, which I find extremely well balanced) to the point that I included the fitting one in my Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim here on STEP ::P:

So the Conjuration Mastery 2nd perk and same for the Destruction mastery 2nd perk both are available at skill level 20... Seems these should be upwards of level 40-50, maybe even 60. 

I'll continue to put forth opinions on balancing as I go further in my playthrough.

I'm not aiming this at EnaiSiaion, but to mod authors in general. You should decide early whether you are here to mod a game or to mod people. One is a lot less frustrating without the other.

How do I mod people?  Where is that CK?  Screw modding games; point me to the people kit.

Seriously though, I interpret your comment as one of those "mod authors should just mod for themselves, and not worry about others" types of comments, the sort of comment which always strikes me as either disingenuous or naive.   Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's how it comes across to me. 

Question: With all these perks to choose from to make your build, what options should I change in Better leveling? I'm running vanilla since I don't have any other perk/skill overhaul installed as of right now. Would it make sense to do 1.5 perks per level so I can use the extra points for making a secondary profession/class. I want to keep this balanced, so I'd love to keep the secondary skill class low unless I reach to level 100.

Anyways, this mod reminds me of Path of Exile, I just hope it's not too complex like that game, but I'm sure any choice you pick is a benefit, unlike PoE, you gotta make the right choices to keep consistency. Maybe a skill tree mod like PoE would be fun, as I did enjoy that part of the game and you gotta really know what you're doing too. I like when they make you think and play around with these options. I had a blood mage/summoner way back.

Edited by FuzzRocket9