Tree bark texture repeats it's self on the tree

TheGamingGeneral

Question

Not weird at least to me. The texture is 'tiling' so it is fitting into the tree trunk around eight times instead of once. It's only noticeable because of the moss which forms the base, which means the texture is not 'tilable'. I'm guessing Vurt created some seamless texture which works perfectly with the amount of times these trees 'tile'. I can only say that your trees are using the wrong textures, like Tech seems to be driving at. 

Edited by Guest

Not weird at least to me. The texture is 'tiling' so it is fitting into the tree trunk around eight times instead of once. It's only noticeable because of the moss which forms the base, which means the texture is not 'tilable'. I'm guessing Vurt created some seamless texture which works perfectly with the amount of times these trees 'tile'. I can only say that your trees are using the wrong textures, like Tech seems to be driving at. 

Have a fix?

Might this be Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture?

yes

Disable Hybridges HD and check it. I'm not familiar with that mod. The rest should be fine as long as they're set up correctly.

Also assuming you're using the STEP recommended version of SFO.

I disabled it nothing and no im using the 2.3 V.

Looking at Skyrim Flora Overhaul, textures/plants/* comes from Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture and /textures/landscape/trees/treeaspenbarkcomp*.dds come from TreesHD_Skyrim_Variation. My version of DynDOLOD is a few weeks old, but I don't see DynDOLOD overwriting any of the tree textures.

Ah... I didn't think to check the version of SFO.

so i should just change to the reccommended v.?

You don't have to but it will say you some troubleshooting by doing so.

What is most likely happening is that v2.3 has some extra or different tree textures which are conflicting with one of your other mods (probably Trees HD). This texture or textures aren't working when applied to the SFO tree meshes or vise versa. You'll have to start by looking at the conflicts within the 'textures/landscape/trees/' and 'meshes/landscape/trees/' folders. First make sure you have hidden the meshes and textures from Trees HD as instructed: https://wiki.step-project.com/Trees_HD

Once you're found the conflicting files. Start hiding them one by one until you find the asset causing the issue. It's a lot of work, but such is the world of modding.

You don't have to but it will say you some troubleshooting by doing so.

What is most likely happening is that v2.3 has some extra or different tree textures which are conflicting with one of your other mods (probably Trees HD). This texture or textures aren't working when applied to the SFO tree meshes or vise versa. You'll have to start by looking at the conflicts within the 'textures/landscape/trees/' and 'meshes/landscape/trees/' folders. First make sure you have hidden the meshes and textures from Trees HD as instructed: https://wiki.step-project.com/Trees_HD

Once you're found the conflicting files. Start hiding them one by one until you find the asset causing the issue. It's a lot of work, but such is the world of modding.

I think i will just install the step reccomeneded