GrantSP's new build project

GrantSP

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to pass on this bit of information, although most of you will never use the supplier I did.

Due to this minor misunderstanding on my part I emailed a number of places to check, including MSY Tasmania my supplier, and just now they've emailed me back with a 'return to sender' label advising me they are going to upgrade my PSU free of charge to a 650W unit because they said they should have noted the correct requirements for my GPU when I ordered it.

Now I don't know about you but that's service. They have actually sent the new one before I will get a chance to return this one.

So if you are ever wanting to build a PC in Aust. use MSY! Maybe if @Nozzer66 or @Teabag sees this they can benefit from it.

Anyway I managed to build it and install the OS and do some minor tests and I am impressed.

Cold start is under 15 seconds to desktop with the SSD. I'm looking forward to installing some games and benchmarking.

Witcher III here I come.

Now that's service!

I remember when I first installed Windows 7 on an SSD, it took longer to get the the ASUS BIOS screen than to boot Windows. Part of this was due to the long pause on the RAID info section, so I had to go digging around to figure out how to disable that since I don't use RAID on my PC.

I bought a copy of Witcher II dirt cheap from GOG and played it for about 15 minutes or so because I just can't play in third person. It just doesn't feel natural and I can't get the character to go where I want. Some kind of spacial dexterity malfunction?

The Samsung 950 pro 512 M.2 seems like a nice choice for an SSD at the moment (of your Mobo has the slot). 1,5 gb/s write, NVMe and 'enough' IOPS for 350 bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

One day I'll go with a M.2 drive, just not right now. Bit pricey, especially in Aussie dollars.