GrantSP's new build project

GrantSP

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like Razer gear for peripherals. I went with the Razer Blackwidow Chroma Stealth at Xmas... much overkill but I love it. I use a Razer Naga as my mouse.

OMG, how do you keep track of those thumb buttons? There is no way I can justify AU$320 for a keyboard! Looks nice though.

Why? Unless you're doing rendering and content creation then 8GB is all you need for gaming and everyday tasks. Here's a video. 2yrs old but still true:

I was going to say much the same as I had come to the same conclusion, but these days RAM is so cheap, why not go with the flow?

By the way guys, I appreciate all the input in this matter. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Neo's just showing the Bling Bling. :) 

I have a Razer Naga MMO mouse with the 12 thumb buttons on the side. Extremely handy for MMO's, natch. I play one called The Secret World (which BTW I recommend wholeheartedly) and when muscle memory kicks in it's so easy and comfortable to use it's just not funny. Mine's the older, wired version with the standard Razer green glow. 

Exactly... /*yawn*/.

I'm building a new system and even I'm not impressed by Skylake. Why I was even looking at it though is another matter, I know I know, settle on the components and buy the damn thing!

Then upgrade a component or set of components every year to keep it relevant... thats how I do it.

That's just mean Nozzer, taunting Grant like that. And honestly once you have a computer built I can't see any way to justify 3k for an upgrade. I mean lmao. Unless you're scrapping all of your current parts which is silly and wasteful IMO.

I do it often. I give the old machines to a local charity for the kids hospital. 3 of my last 4 machines plus a PS2 AND PS3 have gone like that. 

And no offence meant, Grant, BTW. :) The 3K machine's a bit of a what if, anyway. It's not likely to happen any time real soon. About all I may do to the current machine is add another SSD for games and leave the current one for system stuff. And about all I'd need after that is a borderline upgrade to maybe a 980 from the 780 Ti...

No worries, I've got thicker skin than that.

I'm starting to get the supplier's quotes back now, some are willing to bend over backwards to supply everything together, with pleasant discounts as well. Nice!

Won't be long now.