need professional STEP guidance

rothbardian

Question

I've been poking around here for quite a while and am truly amazed at the depth of knowledge and support of the STEP community.

I've held off jumping into STEP because for people like me who don't have prior modding experience, the learning curve for getting up to speed on the tools and then implementing the entire STEP guide from scratch can be a 25-35 hour proposition. I have a very heavy work schedule and can't afford that kind of time commitment. But, I'm determined to play STEP in all its glory!

Though a stunning amount of knowledge is shared here freely and generously, I'd like to compensate somebody to help me dramatically reduce my STEP install time. In other words, I'd like to pay somebody to be my "STEP sherpa" -- meaning, somebody who could bundle up and send me the STEP assets with a short list of install steps to follow.

A benefit of working a lot is I can save money. I just took delivery of an extremely capable gaming rig (see sig) that takes the need for performance tuning off the table. That should save time and simplify a lot of performance vs quality decision making.

If you're interested in helping me out, please send me a message. Thanks.

I need to be really pragmatic with the cuts. I just don't have 25+ hours to set up a game. Just the Vividian tutorial vid was a half hour! Really hoping you guys get a consolidated STEP mod collection (though if it's all-or-nothing, what will happen when you guys do upgrades/swap-out as seems to happen fairly regularly?) Just from my newb perspective, anything you guys can do to lower the massive startup time hurdle -- even if it's merely a good/partial rather than perfect/complete solution -- would be deeply appreciated!

Greetings fellow Skyrim fans and fanatics! I have spent three weeks in a pursuit of a fantastic Skyrim experience using STEP+REGS+PerMA and a dash of my own favorite mods. Throughout this quest I have battled many bugs and issues such as XPMS skeleton tweaks, crackling audio, blurry outlines around weapons near water, and even provided reports to help improve on Sheson's wonderful DynDOLOD tool. However, this particular problem defeats me, thus I come to you, O knowledge seekers and tenacious problem solvers. My tale of woe starts fairly simple. Two weeks into my quest an annoying problem began to crop up but was low on my list to solve as it was not the most glaring issue till now. The error can occur seemingly at random as it happens indoors, outdoors, while blacksmithing, shooting a bow, or simply enjoying a stroll through Riverwood. The sound of dragon roars echoing through the valley. Suddenly, the world stops. My character stands in place, does a bit of twitching, and then my screen goes yellow, or sometimes purple. My best guess is that the problem lies in my Nvidia GTX 675mx graphics card, but I have little to no knowledge as to how to go about resolving the fatal problem. Sometimes it happens after five minutes, sometimes after three hours. Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I wait in hopeful anticipation for your answers.

Here is an image of the error:

enb_2015_07_29_23_48_30_21.jpg

If I have posted this in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction and I will be happy to relocate this post. Also, I am running on a MSI GT70jh laptop and am more then happy to provide any other information anyone might find useful in solving this puzzle. Thank you ahead of time.

Edited by Hillistine

I am not using a ENBSeries, just the few enb files suggested in the STEP guide. Along with that, I am using Nvidia inspector to force the graphic suggestions in STEP. The only thing I am using aside from those is MSI afterburner to lock my frame rate to avoid stutter. That was my solution after attempting to use ENBoost's window mod, and having Skyrim crash upon game load as a result. Would MSI Afterburner cause this?

I don't know if MSI Afterburner is causing this (although it's certainly possibly), but you can use the features in ENBoost to lock the frame rate without using MSI Afterburner.

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=59.9

The above is in the enblocal.ini file (in the Skyim directory).

Thank you both VERY much. As soon as you mentioned the possibility of an overlay program causing the issue, closed Afterburner and checked to see if inspector could do the same thing. Sure enough I enabled it and it seems to be working even better. I have not truly had the play time to test and see if it completely resolved the issue but the forty minutes I have played have been beautiful. Thank you very much for the help.