Jaggarsfeld Extended (by TechAngel85)

The navmesh data was from all worlds that are masters of the plugin. I believe this happened when I was still learning and I forced a finalization of all worlds, but realizing what that would do. I'm not positive on that, but it's the only thing I can think of.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress Update

I have moved most of the furniture around in the basement and have begun switching out the current sorting system with the General Stores modder's resource. I'm thinking about another release before I add the extra rooms so any bugs can be sorted out before I do that work.

General Stores and why I've chosen it:

General Stores is an excellent resource for modders that creates a fake "cloud storage system" for Skyrim. When items are placed, they are actually stored in a hidden cell/world in the game which has a container for all activator types. So what's the big deal? The great thing about this is that it allows modders to make changes to the mods without having to to worry about the users loosing their stored items. This mean that even if something gets messed up in a patch or for any other reason, it'll be fairly easy to restore items or functionality to the mod. This is great because the mod can change and grow without worrying about messing anything up or being stuck with the containers that are currently in place.

General Stores also works in such a way that if a user wanted to install other mods or player homes with General Stores support, their items will be accessible across these all these mods. This means you can store a set of armor in Jaggarsfeld and still be able to access it from another player home that has General Stores support. General Stores was really ingeniously designed and is superior to the current system in Jaggarsfeld.

Updating the next version:

A word of warning! This next update will require a clean install or a new game so expect to be loading up all your stuff and having to replace it all after you've updated. This is because of two reasons.  1) I am deleting the containers for the original scripts. There is not way around this when switching out things that go on under the hood, like scripts.  2) Objects have been moved around. Skyrim likes to save the position of objects in your game. Since I have moved things around, users will have to completely start fresh or they're going to have some serious clashing to deal with and a mess to pick up because the game will place objects where there is no longer anything to hold them.

Progress Update

I haven't done much the last couple days, but I have replaced most of the storage containers inside the cabin with the versions from General Stores and moved the scrolls storage into the basement. I'll be posting some screens later, covering the current arrangement in the basement. There are a few containers that do not have direct replacements and will most likely being getting cut. I haven't decided, though. One is the Miscellaneous Item storage. It has already been cut. More on this later. The other notable one is the jewelry storage box. There is not a replacement for this in General stores. I could leave it in place as a basic storage container named for jewelry but it would not be auto-sorted to it if I add this feature or I could simple delete it and move on. I personally do not see much use for it. There is a container from General Stores that could be added called "Treasures", that many things like coins, jewelry, etc would be sorted to, if added. I haven't decided this yet either. Any input will be considered!

If you want a container specifically for jewelry, I think one of the small strong boxes would probably work best and take up the least amount of valuable space. You could also store jewelry items in the armor container (assuming you have an armor container) since the inventory lumps jewelry and armor into the same tab. Note that I'm using the term container rather loosely here with the notion that it could be a stand-up wardrobe, a chest, a safe, or a wooden barrel.

The "Miscellaneous Items" container seems to be more a container for clutter/junk/trash and I doubt it's really necessary. The miscellaneous items I might store are things like ores and ingots and I prefer these to be close the smelter and soul gems close the enchanter so I don't have to run around a lot when I'm playing Skyrim Errand Boy.

It's already a small container on top of a table. All the containers (really they're activators) I'm switching over to General Stores will be identical to what they already are because I'm using the custom models of what is already in place rather than the General Stores provided activators. I want the theme of the mod to remain as original as possible so the least change possible in order to incorporate Jaggarsfeld Extended's goals is the route I'm taking.

Relevant item storage will remain next to their relevant crafting tables as they are now. The only thing the current scripts have which General Stores doesn't, is having the storage linked to the crafting. So you'll have to have the items on your person before crafting. I am looking into how to link them, but it may not be possible with my current knowledge since this will likely require some use of scripts in the background.

Hi Techangel i was thinking the other day while plying what jaggarsfeld needs a a merchant so you can sell all your crap to them instead of carting stuff to whiterun the whole time, how ever I realise this might not be something you want to do it is just for convenience more then anything.

also what would be nice is if you're using a mod like hunterborn (like I currently am) if there was a hut or shed outside so can store all your carcasses and ne able skin and butcher your meat and stuff in the warm rather the dumping some outside and doing it (this more a an immersion thing anything.) again i realise you might which to do any of this these are just a few random thought i would share.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Hi Techangel i was thinking the other day while plying what jaggarsfeld needs a a merchant so you can sell all your crap to them instead of carting stuff to whiterun the whole time, how ever I realise this might not be something you want to do it is just for convenience more then anything.

also what would be nice is if you're using a mod like hunterborn (like I currently am) if there was a hut or shed outside so can store all your carcasses and ne able skin and butcher your meat and stuff in the warm rather the dumping some outside and doing it (this more a an immersion thing anything.) again i realise you might which to do any of this these are just a few random thought i would share.

The merchant will probably never happen because it goes against the theme of Jaggarsfeld which is suppose to be a bit of a secluded sanctuary. Your second suggestion is doable but I would do it in the form of an additional option because not everyone would find something like that useful. If I did this, it would be later in the timeline after the mod is more final.

How about a merchant that travels around? Take a note of what time he/she appears at JFeld and tell your users. Maybe the NPC could take a rest around the grounds of the home for a short while and then move on?

The merchant will probably never happen because it goes against the theme of Jaggarsfeld which is suppose to be a bit of a secluded sanctuary. Your second suggestion is doable but I would do it in the form of an additional option because not everyone would find something like that useful. If I did this, it would be later in the timeline after the mod is more final.

that perfectly fine it was just a random thought I had late at night, if I had any mod creation skills I would have a go myself but i've wouldn't know where to even start i've never even installed the mod creation kit before.

maybe i'll look up some creation kit tutorials or something.

How about a merchant that travels around? Take a note of what time he/she appears at JFeld and tell your users. Maybe the NPC could take a rest around the grounds of the home for a short while and then move on?

A roaming merchant would be doable, but would still be something added later on in the process. Then again, I'm stilling here thinking to myself, "why would a merchant go out of their way to stop by this home or any home for that matter?"

I'm actually wanting to eventually add in some random bandit raids. They'd be a rare occurrence, but would still happen. This is because a treasure trove like the Trophy Hall would be a prime target for bandits. First, I need to finish up the additions I'm doing now.

Because the owner looks rich and/or is known to be the Dragonborn. The merchant would be just like the bandits, but likes to earn a living the morally right way. If this person is travelling to cities to trade, why not stop by the local coin fountain while at it?

If anyone has any scripting skills and wants to help me with something I'd be interested in your help! Here's the thing... I would most likely be good at coding/scripting once I learned it; however, it is boring to me. I hated my Java and C+ classes in college! I'm more of a hardware techy-geek kinda guy, but I will learn it if I have to...I just don't want to. So if anyone wants to help, here's what I'm wanting:

I'm changing the scripts for the storage in my mod Jaggarsfeld Extended from this resource to General Stores. The only thing missing in General Stores which the other resource had was linking the storage containers to the crafting system so that you didn't have to actually have the crafting items on you to use them, but simply had to have the items in the correct storage. There is a mod available which already does this for General Stores; however, by the sounds of it, this mod links ALL crafting stations in the game to the storage. This mod does this via scripts and perks. The old scripts did it via scripts and a spell. I would like to see if I can attempt to do this for only the stations in Jaggarsfeld, but scripting...yeah. I'll probably blow up the game with my level of coding skills and having never looked at Papyrus before!

So in a nut shell, I want my containers from General Stores to be links to my crafting stations in Jaggarsfeld and Jaggarsfeld only.

If anyone wants to figure this out, or if someone already knows hit me up. Else this part of the project will be put on hold until I have the patience to learn papyrus.

Relevant item storage will remain next to their relevant crafting tables as they are now. The only thing the current scripts have which General Stores doesn't, is having the storage linked to the crafting. So you'll have to have the items on your person before crafting. I am looking into how to link them, but it may not be possible with my current knowledge since this will likely require some use of scripts in the background.

I think this is perfectly fine. If I need to craft something, I always have the raw materials with me (say in my backpack). I know there are some mods that magically let the player craft items with raw materials in a container, but I've never used them because it feels somewhat like cheating.

Isn't there already a mod that provides a merchant via a spell? I seem to recall something about "summon a dremora merchant" spell or some such.

EDIT: Found some on Nexus like Summon Shadow Merchant, Instant Merchant, and the one I'm remembering is the Dremora Merchant that can be summoned after completing the Black Book: Untold Legends quest.