XCOM 2

Neovalen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I finally purchased this game today on the Winter Sale. If no one sees me around, it's because it has sucked me in. :^_^:

"Mr. Cheapskate!"

Seriously though, I thought you already had this as you were always raving about the series or something? To be honest, I just bought a game based on a user comment on Steam. I was looking into a game, and a review recommended this other game over the game I was looking at. It actually worked out great and was 50% off, so I feel ya'!

I finally purchased this game today on the Winter Sale. If no one sees me around, it's because it has sucked me in. :^_^:

I love Xcom 2, the destructible environments are big enough of an upgrade that I can't go back to the original game, even though I enjoy it more with Long War.

I love Xcom 2, the destructible environments are big enough of an upgrade that I can't go back to the original game, even though I enjoy it more with Long War.

I'm sure I played this somewhere, but it probably required too much patience/time as I can't remember my experience all that much. It was most likely Xcom though as it had aliens. Someone on here recommended me to try Satellite Reign as I said I used to enjoy Syndicate Wars. I tried it and didn't really enjoy it for some reason. I'm just wondering based on my experience, should I take a gamble with this or do you think it's not going to be for me? Maybe I should just buy DOOM (2016) or something? :P

I'm sure I played this somewhere, but it probably required too much patience/time as I can't remember my experience all that much. It was most likely Xcom though as it had aliens. Someone on here recommended me to try Satellite Reign as I said I used to enjoy Syndicate Wars. I tried it and didn't really enjoy it for some reason. I'm just wondering based on my experience, should I take a gamble with this or do you think it's not going to be for me? Maybe I should just buy DOOM (2016) or something? :P

If you don't like turn-based, strategy type games, then you're not going to enjoy this much. I would suggest watching someone play it a little on YouTube before purchasing it.

@Genius384

I know what you mean. I haven't played with Long War, but I have played with YAXO which makes the gameplay harder, last longer, and more feature rich while fixing some oddball things that I agreed with.

Xcom/XCOM2 scratch that itch for turn based tactical strategy combat.  I think it is well worth the current price.  The modding ability of 2 is what really sells it for me.

DOOM (2016) is also well worth the current price.  It is an amazing game and an almost perfect single player shooter.

Well I don't mind turn-based games, so I have no idea exactly what it is about these ones that I find not as interesting. I see Satellite Reign now has some sort of co-op, but I have no idea how that would work.

Maybe this is why I used to enjoy things like Syndicate and Fallout 1 and 2?:

The relatively simplistic combat mechanics of Syndicate Wars do not provide much scope for sophistication in infantry tactics. Combat tactics in the game are usually centered on maneuvering to attack small portions (ideally one or two agents) of the opposing force at a time, with intervals in between for regeneration of health, body shield strength and ammunition energy by one's own agent.

Possibly, I like to dive in and out with minimal micro management. I guess it depends if you do a lot of that with XCOM 2?

I liked the demo I played for DOOM, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the newest Wolvenstein. That is probably due to me being a sucker for the setting and alternate WWII timeline though.

Thanks again guys!

• 3 weeks later...