2048x1152 framerate drop

thepar

Question

I am running a ati HD 7770 2 GB of ram with a core i7 920 overclocked to 3.9 ghz I am also running 48 gigs of system ram.

I am running all step mods at recommended resolutions. The native resolution of my monitor is 2048x1152. I am noticing a 30 fps drop when going from 1920x1080 to 2048x1152. I get around 60 fps with 1920x1080 and 30 fps with 2048x1152. The settings were in the skyrimprefs.ini. I am also running in borderless windowed mode. Do you guys know what could be causing the large fps drop. Is there a fix for this? It seems to be a large drop for just a few more pixels. Thank you for your help.

Edited by thepar

3 answers to this question

To test this, disable vsync in your driver settings, ENB (enblocal.ini) and Skyrim.ini (iPresentInterval=0) and see if the FPS drop is still that huge. When doing this you might want to set a FPS limiter to 60 in either enblocal.ini on your driver settings to prevent Skyrim from going over 60fps, because strange things can happen if it does. You could also try fullscreen instead of borderless, but I'm not sure if that should make any difference.