F&LNV Question about creation of detect traps merged

MrPsykoziz

Question

When I load up the three esp files in fnvedit as instructed by the guide, it drags in DLC too and then when I need to merge them and the guide says to check all the files in the window that comes up. What confuses me is that the DLC esm files are in that window?

Won't that cause problems? I am not an advanced modder by any stretch of the imagination, I have installed mods and such but merging is new to me and in me newbie mindset merging the DLC esm files with mod esp files just seems risky. I might be completely wrong though.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

No, because when you run the merge plugin it asks you which of the loaded esps/esms you would like to include in the merge.  You make sure that you only select the esps you want to merge and don't select the DLC esms.  From what I remember, it tells you in the guide which ones you want to have selected.

• +1 1

I thought I said that sorry, this is what it says in the guide: "In the Merge Plugins pop up, tick all the plugins listed above and click [OK]."

He says "all plugins above" The DLC files are the top-most ones, It just seems to me like merging them with mods would be bad.

I just want to be absolutely sure that I am not gonna mess things up.

He means all the ones listed in above on the guide, not all the ones listed above in the popup.  Typically the same ones you ticked when after you right click and press Select None.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that, the only two other merges I have done didn't load the DLC with it when opening the mods in FNVEdit so I wanted to make sure not to do something stupid out of impatience (Which I sometimes happen to do) and figured the best thing would be to consult a forum full of more experienced modders.

Once again, thanks for the help.