oqhansoloqo

DRAGON PRIEST (by Kajuan)

RoTE rules, can't play Skyrim without it.  And there used to be lots of Nords who could shout, just few with any real proficiency at it.  The Draugr are undead ancient Nords, after all.

Anyway as to this texture... I really love the armor and cloth material here, but the skin texture leaves a bit to be desired as far as I'm concerned.  As Octo pointed out earlier, there are some nice details in the vanilla texture of the face that get lost, specifically in the forehead and cheeks.  In addition, the hands have almost no detail at all.  Not a huge issue, not gonna be staring at his hands for any length of time, but that's my basic problem with this - it just doesn't look as decaying and undead as I'd like it to.  As it compares to AMB, I probably do like it better, but only by a little.

Glad to see you guys here! 

Thank you :)

I wanted just to specify that the shots I posted above do refer to the 1.0 version. When released, some users asked me to retouch the nose, bring up a little more the old forehead and a little more the inhalation effect. I did it and, while I was there, adjusted some other issues.

This one is the only shot I have right now that show the actual version, 1.1, as shown in the main mod page.

67247-0-1435729524.jpg

Cheers,

Kaj

Edited by Kajuan
  • Upvote 1

I like these because they look more real, like rotting skin. The vanilla...I don't know what is going on there. I also like the new breathe effect. I think I can look past the "banding" effect of the diffuse texture from the distance since you really don't notice it too much while fighting these guys.

I vote for Core.

Of course, this Dragon Priest of mine could use some further improvements, as anything I look again (and forever). If I will find the time to put my hand on it, I will correct the shadow in the armor and will intensify the dark/light levels in his face.

Edited by Kajuan