CASM - Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager (by Cipscis)

EssArrBee

CASM - Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager by Cipscis

This is mod that has finally made it's way over from Fallout. I've been using for FNV so long I can't remember a time it wasn't installed. It's saved me so many headaches over the years and now it's finally here for Skyrim.

Basically, install it and setup up your autosaves accordingly in the MCM menu and forget about it. Easy peasy.

I haven't actually tried the Skyrim version yet, but if it's anything like it's FNV counterpart then this is a shoe in for STEP. Never will I forget to save again after running around for 2 hours and not saving. 

Options include autosave frequency between 1-30 minutes, amount of autosaves to use, and toggle saving during combat and sneaking.

The thing about this mod is that Cipscis will probably add a bunch of stuff over time that lets you make different types of saves (autosave, quicksave, full save) and lets you save under a bunch of conditions (after quest completion, after level up, after exiting combat, after exiting dungeon....). It should become quite customizable with time if the mod ends like the FNV version.

How's this compared to AutoSave Manager by vivanto, another awesome developer from Fallout, I've been using it  for some time now and it's really good.

I have that mod and 1) it's unnecessarily overcomplicated, 2) it has harcoded save key which you can't unbind (rebinding doesn't make it any less annoying for me), which is pretty annoying.

Edited by Octopuss

I have that mod and 1) it's unnecessarily overcomplicated, 2) it has harcoded save key which you can't unbind (rebinding doesn't make it any less annoying for me), which is pretty annoying.

CASM allows for binding to the hotkey you like in the MCM. Right now it's only for the CASM autosaves, but I expect this mod to expand a bit.

I've been running the other one as well, and haven't had problems. All the features you are expecting to see with CASM already appear to exist with the Manager. I dunno about it being too complicated, and I don't use a hotkey for saving anyway (outside of F5, but hey...), so I can't say much about those, but it's been perfectly fine for me thus far... so again, what really makes one better over the other, or, as seems to be implied, even needed if it's all configurable in an ini file?

I've been running the other one as well, and haven't had problems. All the features you are expecting to see with CASM already appear to exist with the Manager. I dunno about it being too complicated, and I don't use a hotkey for saving anyway (outside of F5, but hey...), so I can't say much about those, but it's been perfectly fine for me thus far... so again, what really makes one better over the other, or, as seems to be implied, even needed if it's all configurable in an ini file?

Well, the problem is it takes away a key from you. I use F keys for SkyUI's equipment, and this by default already binds something to F4. That's bad. There's no way to get rid of it. Rebinding it to something else isn't really a solution.

By overcomplicated I mean a bit too many features (but that's just an opinion).

I have to give this a go.

• 1 month later...