Farmhouse Chimneys - Optional Stacks (by SparrowPrince Scarla jet4571)

EssArrBee

Farmhouse Chimneys - Optional Stacks by SparrowPrince Scarla jet4571

We need to test this with the newer version of Farmhouse Chimneys. SP did a while ago already and it's pretty good.

The newer stacks look better and better the longer you play. The other thing is that I can create an LOD for the meshes and DDL will generate chimneys on the houses. I wonder if sheson could get a little smoke effect on them too. hmmm..... 

Just to start, lets rule the clay stacks out. They might be nice, but it sticks out in a weird way.

The newer stacks look better and better the longer you play. The other thing is that I can create an LOD for the meshes and DDL will generate chimneys on the houses. I wonder if sheson could get a little smoke effect on them too. hmmm..... 

Just to start, lets rule the clay stacks out. They might be nice, but it sticks out in a weird way.

SP's textures are the ones I am playing with when I mentioned it in the original farm house chimneys thread. They do look great, I should have mentioned I was playing with SP's patch.

The twin clay pots are just plain wrong, you get multiple pots on a chimney stack where there are open fires on multiple floors and or back to back fireplaces on multi-dwelling buildings. Each fireplace has it's own flue which rises to a separate chimney pot. Most buildings in Skyrim aren't like that.

Edited by paradoxbound

I added the smoke effect to the Far Grid which means like 15 cells or something.

qSdqIb2.jpg

You can just barely start to make it out from a certain distance. I couldn't see it all the way from Angi's Camp overlooking Falkreath, so I had to skip down the mountain a little ways. You can also see I forgot to turn my AA/AF back on after messing with the settings.  :ermm:

• 4 months later...

I was going to remove this once I got a reply from Scarla. She has not responded to my comment in her mod thread so I guess it won't be done soon. The only thing wrong with 3.0 Beta is the collision is slightly off. I told her to use ChunkMerge as it is not too hard. I mean, I could build some nice detailed stacks with 3.0 in mind, but I'm taking a break for a while. It won't really be any good though because Scarla has seeminly gone bye bye and left it at 2.2. Only a handful have 3.0.

Edit: Possible solution... I fix the collision, you put that file in STEP and recommened 3.0 with my file? I can then take down this mod. This makes everything simpler then for STEP users.

Edited by Guest

Scarla posted 3.0. 3.0 has a new chimney mesh which is one piece. The new mesh is ripped from destryed farmhouses. The last version has three pieces, which mine is compatible with as it is just a fix. The plan was if Scarla can fix the collision, 3.0 would come out of beta instantly. I told her she could fix it easily weeks ago, but she seems to have vanished again.

I was wondering if STEP wanted me to fix the collision for STEP, then you would just have to recommened the Beta plugin to use with it. That way if Scarla never returns, users get the best of boh worlds. I can then remove my mod (this one) as the new mesh would fit better anyway being they are of original design. If you could supply me the textures the 3.0 mesh uses, I could SMIM it quickly too. I currently cleaning my PC, so Skyrim is out for a while.

Edited by Guest