Sign in to follow this  
Halde

Issue with getting the ENBoost set

Question

Hi all!

I am running a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and a GeForce GTX 760m (2GB VRAM)

Now STEP describes how to find the total video memory, but on my computer, it shows the memory for my Intel HD Graphics 4600 and not my GeForce GTX 760m. 

Is the total video memory for a 2GB VRAM card just 2048 (then subtract the 350 for Windows 8(8.1))? This is what I have done so far, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

Sincerely

Halde

2 answers to this question

Right-click on your desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel. Click on "System Information" in the bottom left corner of the window. In the left pane, click on your graphics card. In the right pane look for Total available graphics memory".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By zsark
      What the title says, pic pretty much shows it all. Using Silent Horizons ENB.

plugins.txt Load Order.txt
    • By zsark
      So I'm having this issue where ENB seams to break the "seamless" horizon provided by cathedral weathers. Doesn't seem to matter what ENB I use, no conflicts in Xedit however I have read on a few forums (STEP) that this issue seems to be present no matter what and the more detailed rendering offered by ENB can make this issue more noticeable. Also this definitely seems more prominent during dawn/dusk nor really visible during other times. I'm not sure if it's really a mod issue, or if it's just another one of those fugly bethesda seams that we all inevitably see. ENB doesn't seem to matter I always notice this on clear dawn/dusks. Any input or advice would be appreciated. (Issue is easier to see in game than in screenshots) Here's  a link to a post I made on LL with screenshots. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/182711-skyrim-se-enbs-and-sky-mesh-issue/#comment-3631259

Load Order.txt plugins.txt
      Edited to remove formatting
    • By EssArrBee
      Discussion Topic:
      ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov
      Wiki Link

STEP does not recommend downloading the Skyrim Nexus version of ENBoost due to incorrect settings for STEP.
      Grab the latest binary from ENB Dev: https://enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.html

Boris's VRAMSizeTest Tool for ENBoost: https://enbdev.com/download_vramsizetest.html
      For Skyrim run the DX9 version. For Windows 7, subtract 170 from the value the tool gives. For Windows 8/10, subtract 305 from the value the tool gives. Set VideoMemorySizeMb in the "Enblocal.ini" file to the resulting value.
      CTD and Performance patch ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov

Looks like Boris has pretty much figured out his memory fix and released it on the nexus. I believe you still need ENB and then the file on the nexus is an extra INI that is dependent on your videocard.