STEP v2.2.9.1 Release

TechAngel85

I just hope that you don't update the STEP Patch a lot because I'm going in right now and removing all of the ELE content from my own copy.

EDIT: Actually, I may be going about this the wrong way.  Maybe I should just modify my own custom patch instead.

EDIT2: No, actually, I have to remove it from the my own copy of the STEP Patch completely so I can remove ELE from my installation and from the masters... wow, what a pain.  I think I'll do this tomorrow.  I'm spent for today.

Just got done with STEP Core last night, and I must say this is awesome work. Good choice on RS+ELE, and I am liking DynDOLOD.

I don't know why, but I always choose the HQ option when I have it, and with DynDOLOD, I also chose "High." The only issue I have is an infinite load screen with DynDOLOD active. It's easily fixed by deactivating it, but I also found Safety Load solved the problem. I am guessing the issue is specific to my system (Win7, 16GB RAM, HD 7950 3GB) because of my HQ choices, but though feedback would help.

My next step is to add in the Extended mods, check stability; then add my personal favs, throw a manual patch, and play Skyrim all over again!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Just got done with STEP Core last night, and I must say this is awesome work. Good choice on RS+ELE, and I am liking DynDOLOD.

I don't know why, but I always choose the HQ option when I have it, and with DynDOLOD, I also chose "High." The only issue I have is an infinite load screen with DynDOLOD active. It's easily fixed by deactivating it, but I also found Safety Load solved the problem. I am guessing the issue is specific to my system (Win7, 16GB RAM, HD 7950 3GB) because of my HQ choices, but though feedback would help.

My next step is to add in the Extended mods, check stability; then add my personal favs, throw a manual patch, and play Skyrim all over again!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Bumb up the memory patch settings by 256 in your skse.ini to solve the ILS problems in a better fashion. Even sheson recommends that you give the heaps more with High settings on DDL. High pretty much amps up everything to 11 with the LODs.

For Extended remember that you can copy a profile with MO, so Copy your Core profile and then add to it. THat way you'll have a Core profile that you know is good to go. Also, you can install any mod over again that may need different options for Extended by renaming it during install. An example of this would be Consistent Older People.

Q: Prior to the release, I was using DYNLOD. As part of it's instructions, as I understood it, Skyfalls + Skymills had to be disabled prior to running the LOD generation in order to keep the moving waterfalls at distant LODs. I've noticed that this doesn't happen IAW your current DYNLOD instructions. Did I misunderstand something somewhere originally, or was this intentionally bypassed? Skyfalls was one of the only mods in the DYNLOD list that required specific compatibility actions, and I'm not seeing any being taken.

You don't have to do that anymore. DynDOLOD has built in instructions for whether it's present or not.

Roger that - thanks for the reply. I did as instructed anyhow, and wasn't looking forward to re-reunning it if the answer had been otherwise...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived