v2.2.9.2 Development

TechAngel85

Thanks for the info! I also couldn't find the 3.3.2 update for Skyfalls+mills as well. But on a second thought I do not know if the descriptions are updated yet and if it is any helpful to post those findings yet. I got to SMIM at updating my old STEP install from around a year ago.

SkyFalls and SkyMills 3.3.2 is on Nexus and the link in the 2.2.9.2 guide provides the instructions on installing this version, if this is what you're asking.

Just keep in mind that 2.2.9.2 isn't quite released yet and a couple of the ESPs still reference the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, so these need to be manually edited in TES5Edit to change the master to Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. At least this was the case when I installed it the other day.

Thanks for the info! I also couldn't find the 3.3.2 update for Skyfalls+mills as well. But on a second thought I do not know if the descriptions are updated yet and if it is any helpful to post those findings yet. I got to SMIM at updating my old STEP install from around a year ago.

SkyFalls and SkyMills 3.3.2 is on Nexus and the link in the 2.2.9.2 guide provides the instructions on installing this version, if this is what you're asking.

Just keep in mind that 2.2.9.2 isn't quite released yet and a couple of the ESPs still reference the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, so these need to be manually edited in TES5Edit to change the master to Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. At least this was the case when I installed it the other day.

See this note in the Posts section of the Nexus page:

19-11-15

Update 3.3.2 removed, the meshes from Sheson were creating too many new reported issues with my mod for it to be worth the loss of Z-fighting. issues include; bad colouration, floating waterfalls, striping effects and lack of response to certain ENB settings.

STEP may want to look at this for the new release.

Edit: Just to clarify, the (last) above quote is from the mod author. The 3.3.2 update has been taken down. The 3.3.1 update is available, as is the 3.3 main file.

Edited by Nebulous112

The one that could use the most testing is fLightLODRange, because that pushes the light LOD range very far, and perhaps there is some unknown bug from it.

Should be noted that LOD glow maps (or whatever they're called) will be coming out for DynDOLOD soon which may make this tweak unnecessary...or enhance it. :teehee: I've not really looked into it yet, but have seen the pictures and they look great.

There also seem to be some more changes then the changelogs suggest:

I somehow cannot find what happened to Dragon Glyphs HD, Realistic Smoke and Embers and Ruins Clutter Improved. I'm very good at overlooking things though...

Edited by Spock

I might have found some more:

Farmhouse Chimneys

HiRes Legible Road Signs

The Beauty of Skyrim - Dungeons

Visible Windows

I'm fairly sure most of my mods are STEP 2.2.9 but I cannot tell for sure. A quick ctrl+f in the 2.2.9.1 and 2.2.9.2 changelog didn't show them. Hope there are not too many false positives.

Until now I finished Landscape&Environment. After a quick look at the rest of the list I noticed the realistic wolf howls are gone. But my sound section looks kind of different anyway because I disagree with some STEP choices (combat/weapon sounds).

Edited by Spock

Wow...I'll do a side by side compare and add any missing mods this evening. This is weird behavior for so many to be missing.

I think I removed the compilation mods, but I didn't think I saved it. It was just a test run to see what it would look like without many of those mods to see if it was much shorter.