Followed Guide game wont launch Help!

adzc1987

Question

Its took me a while but I just finished the guide. It wont launch (fallout3.exe has stoped responding error) and I keep getting an error about a master file -

"The masters for some plugins (esp/esm) are not enabled.
The game will crash unless you install and enable the following plugins:

• 20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp"

I cannot locate this file anywhere.

For some reason I also cannot seem to get it to load FOSE via MO, I got the game to lauch at the end of the

"The Need for UIO - User Interface Organizer "

section, I launhed FO3 via MO and it starts but no FOSE, when i launch via FOSE Loader in the FO3 folder it seemed to be fine, but when I try FOSE via MO it comes up with a dos box for a second then its gone.

I cant seem to make the bash file due to this either I dont think.

TBh im not sure what info is needed. I spent ages on this thinking everything was ok as MO did not seem to indictate any issues. Help please!

Edited by adzc1987

Yes I did make profiles at the end of each section, but it was not clear if you should try starting the game at these points.

Ok so uninstalled FO3, re-installed with steam as usual, started up no problem. Re-installed FOSE, Loaded up Mod Manager, loaded 'Clear and Present Danger' and launched FO3 with MO. It loads, but I get an error from one of the mods saying FOSE is not loaded, I ok that then another message comes up about stumbling over something? Then rather than the main game menu I see the ingame hud with a black screen. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out. After this the game does not work at all again (even vanilla).

• +1 1

I appear to have to do the following to launch FOSE with mods.

Select profile, launch FOSE via MO which gives a DOS box flash up a second the nothing.

I then launch FOSE manually from FO3 directory, game loads with mods and FOSE.

I seem to get the game to launch when I use the profile "upto people and mutants" so none of the people an mutants mods loaded. My Game crashes again when I use the profile "upto the most dangerous game" so something within 18 People and Mutants or 19 Poosh is causing the issue.

Edited by adzc1987

Since my last post I sat and took the first working profile and worked through the mods. I have found if any of these mods are active the game crashes at launch.

https://i.imgur.com/2UlqDGM.jpg

So with these all disabled I seem to get further, I can start a new game but I now get GFX issues :S probably due to these mods.

GrantSP, that was already active it seems. Took it back off and same result.

The screenshot shows the 'Run' option as "Fallout3" and not "FOSE", is there a reason for that? Was that just what it was when you took the shot or are launching via that run command?

Also I am curious, did you make the change to use the  'Script-extender' workaround or was that set when you installed MO? If it is set that way on install we may need to change that.

:S

I might just give up tbh, I might revert back to the more basic guide I follow before and add other mods later.

Thanks to all for trying. That guide is a monster and I hope to come try the NV one once I do FO3 :)

I'm surprised that you can't get the basic vanilla profile and the one with vanilla + UI mods running. I'd check ENBoost and settings, the INI settings, and FOSE to make sure they are installed properly. You should have stability on at least these.

I re-installed FO3 which resolved it not launching at all. The Mods/Game loads upto the end of section 17, so after this I started enabling mods one by one and eventually it resulted in my screenshot above.

Thanks for the help but I think I may just leave it now.

Yes I did make profiles at the end of each section, but it was not clear if you should try starting the game at these points.

Ok so uninstalled FO3, re-installed with steam as usual, started up no problem. Re-installed FOSE, Loaded up Mod Manager, loaded 'Clear and Present Danger' and launched FO3 with MO. It loads, but I get an error from one of the mods saying FOSE is not loaded, I ok that then another message comes up about stumbling over something? Then rather than the main game menu I see the ingame hud with a black screen. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out. After this the game does not work at all again (even vanilla).

This is the same issue I keep encountering as well. Since this is at least the third separate post I've seen referencing the same deal, obviously there is something similar we're all doing (or not doing, as it were) to get this result. I've had to start over twice now since starting using this guide back in June. There has to be some commonality between us.

I suspect its FOSE.

I have been wondering the same thing. What's peculiar is the issue appears to happen at different places during the install; though maybe it's just a fluke. I actually had a very stable build - after fixing it the first time - but it returned again at some point while working on my bashed patch, and adding a couple non-guide mods. The first time it happened I hadn't even got that far. I'm suspecting it's FOSE conflicting with a mod in the list, or something is disrupting the interoperability, but I am not skilled enough to know why or how to even figure that out.

Edited by 13thGeneral

Can either of you post the text of the error message about FOSE missing, or otherwise tell which mod is generating it?

The fact that even non-MO games are broken after this message concerns me. This means there are changes being made to vanilla files: ini or menu assets or missing BSAs. How that happens is beyond me with what we are working with here at the moment.

I wish I had it or could reproduce the error. I only saw the FOSE message once.

I did just notice that, as I go through preparing to reinstall all the mods (again), in the guide it mentions not extracting the BSAs for 'DCInteriors' and 'UUFO3' - which I had not seen before and HAD extracted them. So, there is at least a chance that could potentially be part of the issue I suppose.

Though does it explain why the game was crashing even after I deactivated all mods down to the Cleaned Vanilla ESMs?

Edited by 13thGeneral