ReduceSystemMemoryUsage Causing Performance Issues

Audley

Question

Hey STEP! Audley here with yet another strange performance issue that no one else seems to have.

I finally decided I wanted to use an ENB with New Vegas but one of the best features of ENBoost causes me performance issues. Let me clarify. Whenever I have ReduceSystemMemoryUsage set to True, it causes me massive (and I do mean massive) jerking, stuttering, hitching, and lag throughout the game. Rendering the game unplayable. However, when setting this back to false, all performance issues go away. I have tried every combination of settings in my ENBlocal.ini but only disabling the setting completely gives me my performance back (or doing what I said below).

However, I did find out that if I set EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks to True, paired alongside ReduceSystemMemoryUsage, it will fix the issue. Though because I do not really know what EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks does, I was not sure if it was a good idea to keep it enabled. I would like to use an ENB but if I cannot use ReduceSystemMemory then it is not worth it to me as this is the biggest reason I would like to use an ENB.

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening I am all ears. Thank you in advance.

Cheers, Audley

System Specs:

i5 4670 (No OC) @3.4

2GB GTX 760 SC (No further OC)

8 GB of DDR3

Windows 8.1 64x (Completely updated)

1920x1080 60hz Monitor

GeForce Experience = Not Installed

Edit: I tried turning EnableCompression off, does not help. I have tried other ENB's and saves - no success.

Edited by Audley

Posted this on your thread on ENBDev (didn't know if you've been checking it).

@Audley

One user suggested this may be connected to window mode in FNV. If you have ENB running in window mode disable those two settings in your enblocal.ini to see if the issues are fixed:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

Posted this on your thread on ENBDev (didn't know if you've been checking it).

@Audley

One user suggested this may be connected to window mode in FNV. If you have ENB running in window mode disable those two settings in your enblocal.ini to see if the issues are fixed:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

Hey TechAngel, thanks for reply. Unfortunately I am not using those set to True and I have already experimented with them set to true/false. I still get the same issue regardless of what those are set to. :\ I no longer believe that there is something wrong on my end. I have done literally everything except go out and buy a new PC. The farthest I went was doing a complete re-install of my OS which I did last night. But don't worry it wasn't a big deal - I always do a reinstall of my OS once a year anyway.

@Audley...I know this is an older thread, but I have run into the same thing in FO3. Cannot use enboost without a large performance drop. i7 6800k on gtx970. Been modding for a long time and use enboost on Oblivion/Skyrim with absolutely no issue. I too have tried all settings to no avail....sigh. Fortunately no crashes and very smooth anyway! Oh ...and @TechAngel85 and Audley...now there are three of us that reinstall OS about once a year  ::):

Edited by wellden

@Audley...I know this is an older thread, but I have run into the same thing in FO3. Cannot use enboost without a large performance drop. i7 6800k on gtx970. Been modding for a long time and use enboost on Oblivion/Skyrim with absolutely no issue. I too have tried all settings to no avail....sigh. Fortunately no crashes and very smooth anyway! Oh ...and @TechAngel85 and Audley...now there are three of us that reinstall OS about once a year  ::):

Hmmm yea as far as I know, no one has been able to solve the issue or come up with a solution other than doing what's said in the thread. I was running a 760 but after I bought my 970 last week the issue seems to have gone away completely. It seems as though it happens randomly targeting about half the people that use ENBoost. Weird. Boris cannot solve the issue as he cannot replicate it. Wish I knew what caused it because I tried everything on my old card. :\

I know your problem very well :)

(i never used ENBoost, because when i follow the STEP-Guide, my World was unlivable. I didn't like these stutters. So I had my problems with this Guide. I thought, that this Guide is useless, when it makes such recommendations. Since my last Adventure reinvented Crashes To Desktop (CTDs) on a system with cleaned Masterfiles and LOOTed Lists, I was reading a bit ...)

And for me, (I think) the problem is solved!

On the Skyrim-Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim is an old Mod-site "CTD and Memory patch ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/?

and for a few days (2016. 18th february), Boris made an Update-Comment to a new Mod-site "Crash fix ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73618/?.

On the newer Nexus-Site (this one --> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73618/?) is written in the "DESCRIPTION" ...

Because of negative performance impact when two new variables enabled, it's better to activate
them only when you have non loading game (saved in too "heavy" place or too many mods) or
actions in the game leads to crashes (like i have with some dialogs of the new followers). To
disable (but keep memory setting only), set DatasyncMode=0 and PriorityMode=0 in enblocal.ini.

So, I set in enblocal.ini

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=0

And That's it!

For me it works, ... fine :)

I hope, it works for You ...

• +1 1