Question about Texture optimization with DDSopt

Actually I uninstalled each mod listed in UI section, before trying. Right now I just have fixes and content mods installed, last one being tales of the burning sands.

I don't have the d3d9.dll file in main directory, could be that the problem? I don't use ENB...

Many people with Windows 8.1 (like me) are able to run start FNV with MO with the 4 Gb loader

A couple days ago, I run the same check (testing the game after I installed the first batch of UI mods, without dynavision), and the game ran fine. I completed the step installation, and the game in the end didn't run. I think it was because i screwed something during 

I just run an integrity check and steam downloaded the .esm files of all the five DLCs... I'll try cleaning those files again with NVEdit and then run the game again. Let's see...

I'll try also a vanilla profile

Edited by LewsTherin

Did you type that argument into FNV4GB with the quotes like you've typed it above? If so, lose them.

EDIT: Also make sure you actually have all your BSA files checked on the archives tab of MO.

Edited by Nozzer66

No, I typed it without quotes.

Also make sure you actually have all your BSA files checked on the archives tab of MO

Darn, actually they were not checked last time looked at the archive tab in the right pane. I thought it was normal.  :confused: 

Right now I have downloaded the whole game again, in a couple of minutes I'll start my third (and final at this point) attempt at F&L 

Thanks very much for the help, and thanks also for the guide, it is amazingly written  :thumbsup: 

Well, I solved thanks to Dragonborn's advice to check all the bsa files... Who could imagine it was a small issue like that? I thought that MO handled them automatically  :confused:

Thanks everybody for the help. this community is amazing !!  :unworthy:

edit: regarding greyed out bsa in archive tab that the guide doesn't suggest to extract (for example flashlight mod), is it only a "philosophical" choice to unzip all of them, or there are technical reasons behind the choice to not extract all of them?

Edited by LewsTherin

Well, I solved thanks to Dragonborn's advice to check all the bsa files... Who could imagine it was a small issue like that? I thought that MO handled them automatically  :confused:

Thanks everybody for the help. this community is amazing !!  :unworthy:

That was Nozzer66.

What can I say, I just love killing Dragons and devouring souls.

With BSA files I pretty much extract them all as a matter of course. HOWEVER, with the F and L guide you don't extract the BSA in the Willow companion mod. (Or any real big BSAs) For all the smaller little things like the UI mods and small gameplay tweaks mods, extract away.

There's Pros and Cons to either extracting all BSAs or extracting none at all. The biggest pro, though is that there's a little 'gotcha' in New Vegas where the engine can only load so many BSA files based on the amount of characters in filenames. That's the main reason why I extract most of them.

With your thinking MO automatically managed bsa's; it CAN, but you have to enable it. On the Archives tab there's a box to tick to enable the option to let MO manage BSA's. You can check that and you would have been fine too, or just tick all the bsas in that tab and do it that way. All good.

Edited by Nozzer66

With your thinking MO automatically managed bsa's; it CAN, but you have to enable it. On the Archives tab there's a box to tick to enable the option to letMO manage BSA's. You can check that and you would have been fine too, or just tick all the bsas in that tab and do it that way. All good.

The weird thing is that the option IS ticked. That's why I thought MO managed the bsas like it should have done. Anyway, now  I've solved and (so far  :lol: ) everything works flawlessly. I also have a confirmation that the greyed out bsas are safely extractable (I won't touch the dlc ones and all those that are not greyed out, like JIP companion for example), so thanks again

@oqhansoloqo: Occam's razor strikes again  :teehee: ... Anyway, all the suggestions you gave me are much appreciated, they will be surely useful. 

edit: the version of PN - extra option mod listed is 1.2, which needs a MCM fix file. There is out v1.3 that includes the fix, so I guess the fix file should be removed and the version of the mod should be updated to 1.3 in the guide...

Also, in the instructions for poco bueno texture pack, I'd suggest to add that installation must be manual, it just says to load the fomod, but at least for me it didn't show the pop up menu after I did that, I had to choose "manual" from the install pop up window, then the pop up menu appeared and I could set the correct install path. Not sure if it happens because I'm installing every mod using the "install mod from archive" button...

Edited by LewsTherin

I hope this is the last question I have, i'm near the end of the installation :D

Regarding More Perks merged mod, do I have to merge it to more perks? Since the latter hasn't any esm or esp, should the merged esm be included in that mod? or I just keep the more perks merged in the last position in the left pane, just under more traits?

edit: of course there is another issue. When i run FNVLODGen i get this exception:

"Exception: "Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp" requires master "Powered Power Armor.esp" to be loaded before it."

Powered Power Armor IS loaded before Ambient Temperature.... AT is at position 61, PPA is at position 63 in the right pane... What's wrong?  :huh:

Just around the corner....

edit 2: nvm, I ran Loot, reordered and now LODGen finished its job

Edited by LewsTherin

Last doubt (hopefully), and sorry for the double post

Where do i put FalloutNV optimized textures1 and FalloutNV optimized textures2 files? Under FalloutNV.esm?

I got it for other files (dead money_opt goes under deadMoney.esm, etc.), but i'm not sure if the two main NV files go there or at the very bottom of the list...

Since FNV doesn't have any high-res vanilla texture addons iit doesn't matter a lot where they go in MO if they are loose files. Obviously they need to be showing in the left pane as installed after the vanilla BSAs (higher priority).