Is the Nexus being painfully slow for anyone else?

Audley

These past few days the Nexus has been HORRIBLY slow for me. Taking upwards of a minute for a download to start if I do it by "Download With Manager." And the site itself sometimes taking 30 seconds to fully load. And my downloads are frequently not completing. Was wondering if this is happening for anyone else or if it is just me? I did a SpeedTest and my speeds are normal. No other site is doing this so I only can assume it is on their end.

Same for me. Haven't actually seen it with regards to downloads, haven't grabbed anything lately, but I usually start my day with a read through of 'My Content' listings in the forum side of Nexus and it has been very slow of late.

Someone on the Nexus told me that along with the announcement of Fallout 4 + the sale on the Fallout games has increased the amount of people using the Nexus tremendously. While that does make sense, I still have not seen the Nexus this slow in a really long time. :\

Update: The regular free servers are definitely overloaded. I got tired of waiting and purchased another month of premium. On the premium servers everything is lightning fast.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Even on the premium servers I am now getting the same problem. :\ Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

Edited by Audley

I use MOs nexus tab to check which servers have been the fastest and move it to the top. I also set my "Favourite download location" on my Nexus profile to the same setting. I usually get good performance, but it really depends on the amount of traffic on them.

Apparently, a shark bit the main undersea internet cable coming into Vietnam recently - again! - and so I really hadn't noticed the difference. And yes, I'm currently using a premium account (and what a joke it is VN, sharks notwithstanding!)

If FO4 has any kind of "halo effect" on interest in Skyrim mods, I would be very happy, because with (from what I can tell) Skyrim mod downloads / endorsements seeing a slowdown recently, I haven't felt so justified in the months of work I did on the latest AOS update. *Sigh*

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am glad that it was not just happening to me. Dark0ne made a post recently about how the Nexus has about 20% more people using it than normal. So you may wish to check that out for more information. After the Steam sale on the Fallout games it will hopefully speed up back to normal. And for whatever reason only the "Kent - Premium" server is working for me at the moment. Even though I am in the US the other two premium servers don't show up in MO for whatever reason. O.o

This message is shown in the forum side of Nexus as of 5.00pm Australian Eastern Standard time.

Nexus Mods is down for scheduled maintenance

The main Nexus Mods site has been taken down for scheduled maintenance to our Cloud software while we install security and performance updates.
The forums will remain up during this time (as they are not on the Cloud).
The expected downtime is 1 - 2 hours.

Perhaps due to the issues noted here in this thread?

UPDATE: I am not sure what they did during the maintenance downtime over the weekend, but it has worked wonders for the most part. The other two premium servers are back for me and the site has sped up significantly; including downloads. Occasionally my downloads will hang in the beginning but it usually fixes itself within an hour or so. So for the most part everything seems back to normal. :)

• 2 weeks later...