Getting Msg at MO Startup: "Sorry, failed to start the helper application"

RuubixO

Question

This happened as I was attempting to fix the issues with skyproccer menus/program not loading through Mod Organizer. I had originally installed 1.3.6 the full version and knew I needed to install the 1.3.6 update. I extracted the zip file inside the current MO folder and had some file conflicts (I can't remember what the original messages were--wish I had jot them down, sorry) that gave some reason why they wouldn't copy, helper.exe was one of them. I did manage somehow to delete the file and then extract the one from the update. Currently MO will load after the message in stated in the title here. Hopefully I have enough info here to check with you all to see if there's one or more addition steps I should take to make sure everything is good.

Thank you here and for all the great work you all do!

-RuubixO

3 answers to this question

You needn't have deleted the file(s)-- just overwrite with them. Just extract the archive version and overwrite all. If SkyProc isn't working, then the Nexus server gave you the old file, and you need to extract the update archive and overwrite all. That should fix it.

Welcome to STEP @Phoenix1666

Can I suggest you start a new topic outlining the exact issue you are seeing and post a screenshot of the error along with your INI for MO?

It's good to see that you did a search first for similar topics before posting but this is for a version that is very old, 1.3.6 compared to the current 1.3.11, and a lot has changed between these versions, as well as the fact it is specific to Skyproc patchers and the needed update that was current at the time.