CTD after loading save, sometimes after a while

LiquidAurum

Question

Hi,

Below is my modlist. I crash to desktop everytime I load a saved game. However, there is one save that loads for a while, but after a while that crashes to desktop as well. Now I assumed at first it's because that was interior, but that doesn't seem to be the case either, as the interior's do load successfully but CTD after a while. I ran loot and did find some conflicting .esp's. and were disabled (ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons Hazardous/Hardcore and COT-Interiors-Cold/Warm). Now even after those are unchecked it still CTD. Could htis be a lack of VRAM issue? I don't see how it could be as I've ran this exact ENB befofre (granted almost a year ago). If you guys need the order of my plugins/mods please let me know. 

Thank you all in advance. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B401Ci0KQvVrX29XeU9RdWVZY28/view

1 answer to this question

Might be VRAM related indeed, I suggest you disable the Skyrim 2015 Parallax Terrain files and try again. If you use the unoptimized versions those files are huge! I suggest getting the optimized 2k pack for that mod (I think it's in his description) and pick out the textures you want. Even the 2k pack has relatively large normal maps though (*_n.dds files). Also, make sure you have Skyrim Script Extender installed with the Memory Patch (instructions copied from Skyrim Revisited:Legendary):

The first step to editing the SKSE.ini is to create it. Perform the following:

Right-click Skyrim Script Extender in the Mod Organizer mod list.Select "Open In Explorer".Create and enter a folder named SKSE.Create and open a text file named SKSE.ini.

Once this file is open to be edited, paste in the following:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Next, make sure you have your enblocal.ini set up (for ENBoost). The STEP wiki provides a detailed explanation on this subject, I suggest you go through that if you haven't already done so.

Lastly, be careful with plucking ini tweaks from random places on the internet ('safe' and/or 'essential' tweaks can be found on the STEP pages and perhaps in mod descriptions on the nexus). Some will do more harm than good.