All items have no value when selling.

Crimson13

Question

This is a first for me and recent too. When I try to sell an items the value of everything is -. It doesn't matter what it is, how much money the merchant has, or what-have-you, the value of everything I own is -. I didn't get any money back when I did sell something just to try and see what's up here. In the regular menu everything goes back to normal, it shows the value of everything.

Does anyone have an idea on what this is?

Edited by Crimson13

6 answers to this question

Interesting. I've never encountered this issue. Are you using a STEP installation or something like Skyrim Revisited? If Skyrim Revisited try disabling Trade and Barter and see if that fixes it. Did this behavior start mid playthrough (and if so did you add or remove any mods?) or from the start of a new game?

I follow the STEP procedure but have quite a few extra mod afterwords, some of which are in Skyrim Revisted. I do have Trade and Barter enabled, I'll untick it and see if it changes anything. It did  start mid-playthrough though, the only mod that I added before I noticed the problem was Inigo of all things. I have no clue how putting him in my game would cause everything I own to be worthless, haha.

Edit: Disabling Inigo and going back to an earlier save without him still brings the issue. What the Hell? Likewise disabling Trade and Barter didn't change it.

Edit2: It's probably not it but I did update MO. I noticed that it's having problems with Java, DSR and SUM both throw up errors in overwrite. I doubt it something to do with that but I'm just trying to remember any changes that I've done today.

Edited by Crimson13

Alright so something is screwed up in my game. I can't kill anything in stealth with any kind of attack. I tried with a dagger, bow, even spells but all that happens is that it hits them and they get aggressive. There's no sneak attack bonus or anything, the most I got was a critical hit and that did nothing.

I'm just...I have no idea what this is. I've never even heard of both of the problems I'm having and they're not showing up on a Google search.

I've already gone some hours into my new game, but I'll run the script cleaner and see if that fixes my old saves.

Edit: Got rid of 8 orphaned scripts but still the same problems. I'll keep on going back in saves until hopefully the problems are gone.

Edit2: Went back far enough where I didn't have the issues. None of the mods are missing and the load order appears to be the same. Again, just a weird situation.

Edited by Crimson13