Additions to STEP:Extended

Mercyflush64

Question

My first post and i'm not too sure if this is the correct section to post in.

I'm currently using every single mod it the Step:Core & Extended List.

After a weeks worth of tweaking and re-installing I seem to have a grasp on installation and how I like the setup installed. I don't have any crashes at all in areas that my system used to lock up. For that, many thanks for all of your work.

Now I want to know if i can add mods that I used to like before to go back a little bit to enhance my style of play. Some of them I know can have issues with scripts or conflicts so I need some help. I will use only the STEP setup and these mods if there are no issues.

Wyrmstooth

Falskaar

Vilja in Skyrim

Will these add to the stress of the STEP setup and cause problems with the other installed mods? Will I need any sort of patches? Most inportant, if these are ok to use, when during the STEP setup should extra mods be installed so they won't conflict or overwrite the specific install order for STEP?

My rig:

I5 2500k @4.4ghz

EVGA GTX 960 4gb FTW

16g Memory

Win 8.1

Any help on this would be great. I don't want to blow my stable STEP setup but there are things I like to play other than what is in the list.

8 answers to this question

Wyrmstooth and Falskaar are compatible with STEP out of the box, dunno about Vilja though, I don't recall seeing any patches for it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you might want to use the Falskaar and Wyrmstooth patches for Realistic Water Two and SkyFalls if you want the effect of those two mods to extend to the new territories though.

Edited by CJ2311

As DoubleYou said, it doesn't matter at all. Vilja is also safe to install at anytime. I always install the Falskaar and Wyrmstooth options for RWT and Skyfalls during their installs and then install Falskaar and Wyrmstooth later.

If you happen to use RS Children or Ethereal Elven Overhaul there are FS and WT patches for those as well.

EEO Patches - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46067/?

RS Children Patches - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55668/?

Edited by Sakr3d

I use all 3 of them with STEP, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth are already in SR:LE anyway.

I usually do the two world expansions after doing all the fixes, Unofficial patches and UI stuff, so reasonably early. Vilja can go in anywhere but I usually do that around the same time I add RS Children and anything to do with chancing people's appearance. Same for any other companion mod you might use, like Sofia etc.

If you're not sure if a patch exists for the mods you have try searching Nexus for 'Falskaar' (for example) and they should show up in the results.