ModOrganizer v1.3.4 4Gb.exe -laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe

GSDFan

Question

It looks like the 4gb executable now works properly in MO 1.3.4 now and the -laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe argument is no longer needed. The execuatble now shows up in the exes folder and all of the messages no longer there.

It looks like the 4gb executable now works properly in MO 1.3.4 now and the -laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe argument is no longer needed. The execuatble now shows up in the exes folder and all of the messages no longer there.

While it may not be needed to get it to run, it is still needed.  I removed it completely, also tried "-laaexe", and also tried "-laaexe \FalloutnvMO.exe" (without the ".").  None of those alternative methods worked properly.  None of them will load ENB or my SMAA proxy.  The only method that works properly is "-laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe".

So hey all, what with the crushing disappointment of Fallout 4 I've been getting to and finally modding New Vegas so I can play it for the first time since way back on the 360 at release.

The FNV 4GB Loader executable in-MO doesn't work (it "opens" the game, but remains on a blank black screen and doesn't progress, forces me to end the process) -  unless I add the "-laaexe .\Fallout MO.exe" argument. When I do this, and launch the FNV4GB executable in Mod Organizer, it launches the vanilla launcher - NVSE will be running, but nothing else will be. Same thing both with and without ENBoost, both Wrapper and Injector.

Mod Organizer version 1.3.11

FNV 4GB version 1.9

Sorry to register-and-whinge but it is incredibly frustrating. Extensive googlefu hasn't come up with a solution.

Edited by madbird117

Try removing the "dot and or backslash" from in front of the \Fallout MO.exe "-laaexe FalloutMO.exe".

There are other things to try floating around here, unfortunatly I lost all of my links to them on my Windows reinstall so I can't list them.

From memory I think there is something to do with the Steam ID and there is also a couple of versions of the 4gb program. The Fallout New Vegas Guide may help in setting it up.

Search for "4gb" and "launcher" and that should give you some results.

Nah no luck. Is it worth trying an older version of Mod Organizer?

Keep in mind that for some Win 10 users @RoyBatty has stated there is an error that renders that tool useless and he is unable to track it down.

You may be in the unlucky few.

For all intents and purposes the only switch you need to add to the shortcut is the "laaexe" one, all other switches are just additional parameters to name the patched exe according to your requirements and to use the correct Steam ID for your language.

This means English language users really have the least options to explicitly set.

The only other input that I can offer is to examine the attributes of the INIs in your MO profile. If the launcher is being called it might be that, for whatever reason, the initial set of INIs are not being read and the game thinks it needs to redo them.

As for older versions of MO being better? No, this behaviour would be evident in ALL versions.

I'm using Windows 7, also I think I've possibly twigged the problem, and it's bloody weird. Although you are correct about it occurring across versions.

In MO, I was using a working profile Fear and Loathing - I re-installed an older version of MO and tried running the 4GB loader, and it worked fine. I then went ahead and made my new profile to begin modding in earnest and tried again - and it crashed. Back to default profile, works again.

Have recreated this on both 1.3.11 and 1.3.8, so I guess I just have to keep my modding to the Default profile in MO? This seems like an odd problem considering that the F&L profile is new and thus, presumably, the same as the default profile when it isn't working.

Anyhow, hopefully that's it.

Okay I see you have also posted in the Nexus forum so disregard my post there to post here! You're already here. :woot:

Zip up the problematic profile folder and send us the link to it at Copy.com or similar. Clearly there is some mod or setting in that profile that is causing the issue.

Or if you want to try and find the issue yourself, examine the mods that are different in these profiles and add them one at time into your working profile until this issue presents itself.

That's the thing though, it was just on install of MO I'd create a new profile, no other mods installed, I'd stick the FNV 4GB into the Mod Organizer execs, and if I launched it in the new profile it would crash. Launching in default, works fine. I'm not gonna be using any additional mod profiles so it doesn't bother me, it's just strange.

Edited by madbird117