SR:LE Sample Images 5/17/2015

So I installed the Skyrim Bigger Trees mod on the SR:LE guide and I think it looks pretty damn immersive. What do you think?

2016-02-01_00001.jpg2016-02-01_00002.jpg2016-02-01_00003.jpg

FPS drop was less than I expected (around 3-5 fps in Falkreath area) and no crashes in the crash test (high speedmult and tcl to roam around).

I didn't run the scripts for DynDoLOD again. Should I do that also?

Also, should I place the mod at the bottom of the load order or near the SFO?

Don't know if there are any known bugs with SBT but I think I'm keeping it :innocent:

Edited by SkulldozeR
  • +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty nice but how's the texture stretching on the trunks?

Sorry it took so long to reply.

I really have no idea why the texture is stretching on the trunks... the SBT mod has no textures of its own is my only guess, it just uses meshes and "dresses" them with whatever textures are available I guess. Somewhere I read that there are textures for SBT too but haven't found them...

In Ivarstead it doesn't seem to be that much of an issue though:

2016-02-11_00003_1.jpg2016-02-11_00004.jpg

if you have any ideas and would like to help with that odd texture lengthening I'd appreciate it Neovalen.

I'm surprised it doesn't include a new model that tiles the tree texture to not stretch it... Try puting in one or more of the 4k trees mods and see if that hides the stretching enough?

Nah doesn't work. It seems the textures are stretched no matter what I do. It is indeed weird that no textures folder is inside SBT archive.

And here is a comparison screenshot:

SBT off:

2016-02-13_00001.jpg

SBT Lite:

2016-02-13_00003.jpg

SBT Full:

2016-02-13_00002.jpg

I don't know, but the lite one seems the more appropriate. Proportionally it makes sense too, as in the full version I came across a tree that taller than a mountain. Looked weird. A lot.

Edited by SkulldozeR

SBT is awesome for those time when you're standing on a mountain pass and looking out over a valley.  Everything is green.  The framerate hit wasn't bad.  The only problem was tree bases became so big that sometimes they stuck out from a slope.  You'd have root ends (where they normally would be going into the ground) sticking out into the air.  If you can live with that though, it's a nice mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some more screenshots:

SRLE (Vividian not VW)

20160312180707_1.jpg20160311161739_1.jpg20160311030439_1.jpg20160312180622_1.jpg

I still use Vividian until VW gets a bit more "finalized".

I also fixed the Skyrim Bigger Tree texture stretching - though I've no idea how. This was from SRLE guide plus Enhanced Landscapes and SBT and Medium DynDOLOD.

• +1 1