Vividian ENB Instructions are horrible.

textures/architecture/farmhouse/pelt*.dds (Peltapalooza is superior.)

I get that that means to turn off all the pelt.dds files in that particular mod, but does it also mean to turn off the pelt n.dds files?

Yea, you'll have that a few places in the guide.  the * is a wildcard, so that means ALL files with a .dds extension, in that directory, that start with 'pelt'. It could be two files, it could be a dozen.

Is it going to cause any problems if I always rename optionals and patchs, rather than selecting to merge them in MO?

The merge option always scares me, it makes me worry something important is going to be lost in translation, or that the new patch files won't override the old ones correctly

Generalyl what I do is install the main file, tthen the patchs and optionals after it, so that they take priority and override the original

Edited by Exibitions

Is it going to cause any problems if I always rename optionals and patchs, rather than selecting to merge them in MO?

The merge option always scares me, it makes me worry something important is going to be lost in translation, or that the new patch files won't override the old ones correctly

Generalyl what I do is install the main file, tthen the patchs and optionals after it, so that they take priority and override the original

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe either way is fine, provided you keep your install order intact and distrust any warning MO tries to give you about changing it. I always merge, if only for a cleaner look on the left pane. Disadvantage to merging would be that I guarantee I forget what optionals were installed in case of conflicts with outside mods.

Same end result should occur regardless.

Alright, I've got everything installed, and to my great suprise, the game didnt crash when I launched it. so, hopefully this should be my last question and I can stop taking up everyones valuable time.

I have a question about a mod, something that, in my mind, is completely necessary.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D40706%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Among other things, it lets me play the game in borderless windowed fullscreen. Would using that mod cause any problems?

Either way works, (and I know some others leave everything separate like that too) but there's nothing to be scared about with the merge option. I have NEVER had a problem with using it, regards things 'getting lost in translation'. 

Either way works, (and I know some others leave everything separate like that too) but there's nothing to be scared about with the merge option. I have NEVER had a problem with using it, regards things 'getting lost in translation'. 

That's fine, then. I'll keep doing it my way, jsut so I don't have to reinstall everything

Well, I got everything installed, got in game, and came across an issue. My frame rate varies wildly, from mildly acceptable, to unplayable.

I tried lowering the LOD to low, and the grass fix suggested in the guide, andn either seemed to make any difference. I get times, usually when coming back into the overworld from a cave or something, where I have to stare at my feet to get anything higher than 3 fps, and it doesn't seem to go away until I move out of the area, or stop looking in certain directions.

16 gigs of ram

GeForce GTX 760

AMD FX 8350 eight-core processor

1920x1080 60Hz

I can confirm that whatever the problem is, it isnt the ENB. I tested it by itself, under somewhat stressful graphical conditions, without ever falling under 50fps.

Edited by Exibitions

Well, I got everything installed, got in game, and came across an issue. My frame rate varies wildly, from mildly acceptable, to unplayable.

I tried lowering the LOD to low, and the grass fix suggested in the guide, andn either seemed to make any difference. I get times, usually when coming back into the overworld from a cave or something, where I have to stare at my feet to get anything higher than 3 fps, and it doesn't seem to go away until I move out of the area, or stop looking in certain directions.

16 gigs of ram

GeForce GTX 760

AMD FX 8350 eight-core processor

1920x1080 60Hz

I can confirm that whatever the problem is, it isnt the ENB. I tested it by itself, under somewhat stressful graphical conditions, without ever falling under 50fps.

Go to enblocal.ini (ENB Manager), edit it, change UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true. And finally press Activate.

Edited by raycrios

Go to enblocal.ini (ENB Manager), edit it, change UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true. And finally press Activate.

Which disables all the effects... but yeah it'll bring your fps back up obviously. Personally I would start by trying Vividian performance but I'm not sure how a 760gtx in general performs with ENB.

Edit: If you dont think its the ENB - did you uninstall SDO when you installed DynDOLOD? I'm not sure how long ago you started the guide.

Even with that edit to the enblocal, I still get areas where I drop to zero fps. It isnt the ENB.

I'm not sure if I did or not? I just started the guide two days ago, and finished it off today, I don't see anything in my mod list that could be called SDO, though.

Edited by Exibitions

Even with that edit to the enblocal, I still get areas where I drop to zero fps. It isnt the ENB.

I'm not sure if I did or not? I just started the guide two days ago, and finished it off today, I don't see anything in my mod list that could be called SDO, though.

If it was two days ago then no it wouldn't be SDO. Trying to think what else could be hitting your fps that hard. I literally just fought a dragon, became thane, got lydia, and fought a ton of other mobs and my fps never dipped below 40 at any time.