MadVR, SVP, Reclock

Spock

I personally just use KCP (Kawaii Codec Pack)

https://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack for MadVR and Reclock. Not entirely sure what you mean by SVP. I think you're talking about SmoothVideo (interpolation) Project?

Yep, I mean smooth video project. It interpolates frames in videos, essentially HFR for everything, but it is extremely demanding on the GPU and at times produces artifacts.

https://www.svp-team.com/

I didn't know about KCP, I guess you always learn something new :) I used to manually update the LAV filters.

SVP also requires ffdshow to handle raw video (but raw video only).

Edited by Spock

Like I said, SVP is very demanding on the GPU. My 290 barely makes it at 5:2 (2:1 would look better and cost less performance) and I certainly would like to turn up the quality settings (will do when I buy a 50 hz display). If you have to seriously turn down the quality, MadVR's smooth motion is probably the better option.

My current settings:

Frames interpolation mode: "2m" (min artifacts)

SVP shader: 11b. By bocks (for CPU only)

Target frame rate: To screen refresh rate (default)

Motion vectors grid: 24 px. Large 2

Decrease grid step: Disabled (default)

Search radius: Small

Motion vectors precision: Two pixels

Wide search: Average (default)

Artifacts masking: Weak

Processing of scene changes: Repeat frame (default)

Decrease frame size: To screen size

Those settings are quite lower then mine, I use defaults except for artifact masking: weakest and processing: blend adjacent frames.

After a quick test of your settings, turning the frames interpolation mode back up to adaptive makes a huge difference for the smoothness. The MadVR smooth motion option looks better then SVP 2m imho.

Edited by Spock

Huh, I just read about the PowerDVD fluid motion. It seems to actually be a driver feature of the 14.12 omega drivers of AMD that does something similar to SVP. It may be better optimized for lower end GPUs.