Having WB use MO's mod directory

electricgeneral

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to use Mod Organizer on a different hard drive from my skyrim install and having trouble getting Wrye Bash to use the directory.  I've removed the semi and changed the value of sOblivionMods in bash.ini to the complete directory of the MO mods directory and it's not recognizing it.  Is there something else I must set to have this work?

Thanks

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes I am. I've done several things. I've completely uninstalled Skyrim, Steam, Wrye Bash, Mod Organizer, Nexus Mod Manager, BOSS, and removed all registry entries to aforementioned programs. I've posted both my screenshots of my Mod Organizer Settings Tabs and main screen, as well as posted my Wrye Bash bash.ini and said where everything was installed or showed through the screenshots. The posts and links can be found here and here those should contain most of what you need to know everything else is on the last half of the second and the third page of this thread.

You stated that you installed both version of Wrye Bash. I'd recommend you only install the standalone version of WB and then give it a try from MO. As it seems you shouldn't be having issues opening WB from MO. I also recommend right clicking MO and WB's .exes and making sure to checkmark run as administrator in the compatibility section. Its the only way to keep everything working mod-wise on my computer.

No luck. Tried that with all three Wrye Bash, BOSS, and Mod Organizer seperately and combined all BOSS and Wrye Bash do is make the 'Mod Organizer is locked while executable is running' dialog come up for about 15-20 seconds in which time a cmd pops up for between 1-2 seconds. I did close out of everything even tried compatibility mode. I may not of mentioned I'm using Windows 7 Professional x86_64

There is something that you are either doing or skipping without thinking about it that is causing all your problems. I have no way to help you troubleshoot at this point. You need to go step by step and make sure each program is working perfectly on its own.  Then edit the settings to make them work together, one at a time and test before moving on to the next.

Here's a copy of the latest bashi.ini it is supposed to be in my C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Mopy folder right?

A couple of things I noticed reading over your threads. You typed bashi.ini, probably just a typo though. Also your pictures of MO are showing empty "Start in" fields. Never used MO so I have no idea if it's important or not. Do BOSS and WB run alright when executed individually without going through MO?

Yeah it was just a typo I wrote that last one on my tablet for some reason the auto-correct turned on and thought it was a good idea to make it bashi lol. Both do seem to run normally when run individually... Of course I have problems with WB so it may not be running "perfectly" but MO seems to be. I actually got WB to run but BOSS is a no go an WB isn't making the bashed patch properly I think.

I haven't tried a bash patch with Skyrim, I don't have that many mods to worry about it yet and they still don't have bash tags done (they just decoded the records about a month ago). I heard there was some issue with BOSS, might want to make sure you have the latest version, seems like I recall some issue about running it from WB. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but like I said, never used MO. Good luck. :)