Can't survive the starting sequence

Yippee38

Question

I happen to really like the original start of the game.  So I run through the Live Another Life start and choose the default start.  I do not enable Frostfall while in the dungeon, because if I do, the horse thief dies immediately.  It's a known problem.  So, I wait until I get to the part where they ask my name (and without Live Another Life, you create your character).  I enable Frostfall there, and configure it.  However, I then freeze to death before I even get to the block.  It takes about a minute, and that seems really ridiculously fast to me. 

So, after trying that a few times, I stopped enabling Frostfall.  No problem.  After the dragon attacks, I go to the tower and the dragon breaks the wall.  I jump through the hole in the wall and land in the inn.  As soon as I land, my health drains to nothing and I die.

Anybody have any ideas why these are happening, or way I can correct them?

Yippee38

5 answers to this question

The dying at the inn, simply jump further right. Problem is the fire actually hurts now. :)

As for Frostfall, it depends on the randomly selected weather how fast you freeze to death. Basic prisoner rags leaves a lot of exposed skin.

I suggest waiting until the keep to activate so you have a decent set of gear.

The dying at the inn, simply jump further right. Problem is the fire actually hurts now. :)

As for Frostfall, it depends on the randomly selected weather how fast you freeze to death. Basic prisoner rags leaves a lot of exposed skin.

I suggest waiting until the keep to activate so you have a decent set of gear.

I suspected that the fire was the problem.  I'll try it again.

I also suspected that the freezing had to do with the fact that I wasn't wearing much.  That still seems like the exposure happens really, really fast.  I may have to tweak those settings.  ;)

Thanks for the quick response.

I suspected that the fire was the problem. I'll try it again.

I also suspected that the freezing had to do with the fact that I wasn't wearing much. That still seems like the exposure happens really, really fast. I may have to tweak those settings. ;)

Thanks for the quick response.

You try running around 3/4 naked in the frozen north... [emoji14]

That's happened to me too. I just don't activate Frostfall till I get into the Keep and get some gear and stuff. Was kinda funny when it happened cause when I woke up I was at some camp near Dawnstar, freezing again. :D That's how I learned the hard way...