Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

This is going to be one of those tools that is ran several times for testing, updating, etc. I think I've ran it 3-4 times since I started this new character which is only at level 15. Of course, normal users would only run it for updates or added architecture.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah... thats pretty sick actually... think i will give it a try and fight my way trough installation procress.

Do i have to do all Steps mentioned on the Wiki page again if i update it or just the second part with starting the Worlds script?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the last step of the current STEP guide, revolving around DynDOLOD.

Notes:

• Yes, I've been able to run the DynDOLOD TexGen script in TES5Edit.
  • Yes, I have the line mentioned in the STEP Detailed Instructions for DynDOLOD added to my Skyrim.ini file.
  • Yes, I have the STEP Texture Compilation installed.

My problem is that when I try to run the DynDOLOD Worlds script in TES5Edit, I get some error messages, and the script doesn't actually run.

The first error stated that I needed to deactivate the BirdsHFclean.esp plugin associated with the Birds and Flocks mod the STEP Guide has you install.

After deselecting that plugin and trying to run the script again, it tells me that it couldn't find the "tree LOD billboard," whatever that means.

I tried getting help in the General Support & Troubleshooting section, but it was suggested I post here, directly in the DynDOLOD thread.

THe latest version (v1.41) might not be compatible with birds and flocks. You can disable that plugin when you run DDL without consequence. It doesn't actually add any object LOD anyways, just birds, so I don't know what it matters.

I think sheson explicitly checks for birdshfclean.esp because it was causing Skyrim to crash when generating the words with it loaded. At least this is how I interpret the message from eternaldevastation:

Further testing. I enabled all my plugins but only have dyndolod installed on the select mods listed above. Loaded game, saved, quit. Loaded skyrim again and CTD to desktop. So looks like I dont have to generate LOD to determine what plugin is causing the problem. 

Final Resolution: birdshfclean.esp I disabled it and game loaded. Enabled game CTD at desktop.

• 1 month later...