Updating Mod Organizer Manually 1.3.3 to 1.3.4

padawan1337

Question

I am currently running MO 1.3.3 and it works great except it will not connect to Nexus Mods for the auto download option of mods.  I followed Gopher's YouTube videos exactly and everything else works. (FINIS etc.)

I started MO today and saw a message saying that 1.3.4 just came out with bug fixes so I am hoping that fixes my connection with Nexus.

However I cannot auto download the update because of the above mentioned issue.

I found the answer on this site as to an "alternative way" to update the MO.

1. Download the installer version of the upgrade.

2. Run the installer and install to your Mod Organizer directory.

This looks simple, but I am new to Mod Organizer and do not want to loose any existing mods since everything is running perfectly except the above mentioned issue.

My Questions are as follows:

1. When I run the installer will it be a simple process or is there something I need to know in order to keep my mods untouched during this update?

2.  Will this update fix issue with auto downloading mods from Nexus?

3.  Mod Organizer continues to list in the "Console" area that I am currently running a newer version of MO than the newest Nexus Version.  1.2.18 is listed as the current version on Nexus.  Could this be why I am having issues with auto updates and downloads between Nexus and MO?

I am new to Modding, but continue to read and watch videos to improve my knowledge.  I appreciate any help or advice you might have. 

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

I am currently running MO 1.3.3 and it works great except it will not connect to Nexus Mods for the auto download option of mods.  I followed Gopher's YouTube videos exactly and everything else works. (FINIS etc.)

I started MO today and saw a message saying that 1.3.4 just came out with bug fixes so I am hoping that fixes my connection with Nexus.

However I cannot auto download the update because of the above mentioned issue.

I found the answer on this site as to an "alternative way" to update the MO.

1. Download the installer version of the upgrade.

2. Run the installer and install to your Mod Organizer directory.

This looks simple, but I am new to Mod Organizer and do not want to loose any existing mods since everything is running perfectly except the above mentioned issue.

My Questions are as follows:

1. When I run the installer will it be a simple process or is there something I need to know in order to keep my mods untouched during this update?

2.  Will this update fix issue with auto downloading mods from Nexus?

3.  Mod Organizer continues to list in the "Console" area that I am currently running a newer version of MO than the newest Nexus Version.  1.2.18 is listed as the current version on Nexus.  Could this be why I am having issues with auto updates and downloads between Nexus and MO?

I am new to Modding, but continue to read and watch videos to improve my knowledge.  I appreciate any help or advice you might have. 

Thanks in advance!

Version 1.2.18 is the official released version of MO. You are using a beta version so the auto update is disabled.

Running the installer to update from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 should not do any harm, but there is always a possibility of problems as with all software being installed in Windows. The installer and the archive package do not have the mods folder, downloads folder and configuration files in them so they will not get overwritten.

To be safe you can archive or copy the Mods folder, Downloads folder, ModOrganizer.ini and categories.dat to another location.

You should specify a new download folder location in settings so you don't have them in the MO folder. this way if you blow out MO you don't have to download them again.