Changing mods in SR:LE

I finally finished installing SR:LE.

AWESOME!  I never played with the survival mods before, and they're fun as hell.  It looks fantastic.  I didn't like the looks of Vividian from the screenshots, but in game it looks great.  The darks are appropriately dark (you were right Neovalan).

However, the people look like crap.  IMO, they look like they are in a game that is 10 years old.  To that end, I'd like to change some mods.  I want to change the skin being used in Mature Skin Texture and Body.  I think I can just disable the one I've got, and install it again via MO.  Since I'd only be changing the textures, I'm guessing there won't be any issue.  The same is true of adding Coverwomen.  It's strictly textures, so I'm guess that won't be any problem.

However, I'd like add ApachiiSkyHair.  Since it has an .esm in it, would I need to create a new bashed patch?  I know I'd have to look at conflicts and resolve those on my own.

I'd also like to add Inhabitants of Skyrim (Character Presets and NPC Overhaul).  Both of those mods have .esps, so I suspect that in addition to doing my own conflict resolution, I'd also have to create a new bashed patch.  Is that correct?

Also, I just want to make sure I understand MO correctly.  My understanding is that install order of mods, when using MO, doesn't matter at all because each mod is kept separate.  Is that correct?  I mean, if I add those mods now, as long as I get conflict resolution done right, it shouldn't cause any problems because I'm installing after everything else.  Right?

Yippee38

Edited by Yippee38

Regarding bashed patches, it's always good practice to rebuild the patch when you add new mods, even though it shouldn't be needed for mods like NPC overhaul and character overhaul (and definitely not required for Apachii Skyhair)
Texture mods that don't have an esp with them can be swapped at will and usually don't require doing anything, so you'll be fine swapping Mature Skin with Coverwomen.

And the mod order in MO matters a lot, whichever mod you'll place at the bottom of the list will overwrite assets from mods that come before it if there's a conflict.

I finally finished installing SR:LE.

AWESOME!  I never played with the survival mods before, and they're fun as hell.  It looks fantastic.  I didn't like the looks of Vividian from the screenshots, but in game it looks great.  The darks are appropriately dark (you were right Neovalan).

However, the people look like crap.  IMO, they look like they are in a game that is 10 years old.  To that end, I'd like to change some mods.  I want to change the skin being used in Mature Skin Texture and Body.  I think I can just disable the one I've got, and install it again via MO.  Since I'd only be changing the textures, I'm guessing there won't be any issue.  The same is true of adding Coverwomen.  It's strictly textures, so I'm guess that won't be any problem.

However, I'd like add ApachiiSkyHair.  Since it has an .esm in it, would I need to create a new bashed patch?  I know I'd have to look at conflicts and resolve those on my own.

I'd also like to add Inhabitants of Skyrim (Character Presets and NPC Overhaul).  Both of those mods have .esps, so I suspect that in addition to doing my own conflict resolution, I'd also have to create a new bashed patch.  Is that correct?

Also, I just want to make sure I understand MO correctly.  My understanding is that install order of mods, when using MO, doesn't matter at all because each mod is kept separate.  Is that correct?  I mean, if I add those mods now, as long as I get conflict resolution done right, it shouldn't cause any problems because I'm installing after everything else.  Right?

Yippee38

So you finally finished SR:LE. Great! Understand that one of the beauties of MO is profiles. Create the profile then make it your own.  So I at one time, I had all the the following:

Neovalen's base - before adding mods up until SKSE.

SR:LE - Neovalen's

My SR:LE - My version of SR:LE with mods missing and tons added.

SR:LE-REGS - Neovalen & CJ2311

My SR:LE-REGS - Stuff missing and additional stuff added.

My point is now that you completed SR:LE (STEP or whatever), make a copy of the profile and put your own spin on it. Maintain your versions as well as the original versions. Understand, that you cannot willy nilly use the same save game for each profile. Most of My versions of the game include NPCs (especially well voiced ones), most Populated Mods (no longer on Nexus), and some from sites that probably cannot be mentioned here. Removing mods that the original PACK/STEP maker liked, but you may not requires knowledge of TES5Edit to remove references from the patches from mods that you may not use. Removing the mod references presents some problems, but this may not be a major issues if you made your own "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" patch instead of simply downloading Neos pre-made one. You should have learned the basic skills.

• +1 1

So you finally finished SR:LE. Great! Understand that one of the beauties of MO is profiles. Create the profile then make it your own.  So I at one time, I had all the the following:

Neovalen's base - before adding mods up until SKSE.

SR:LE - Neovalen's

My SR:LE - My version of SR:LE with mods missing and tons added.

SR:LE-REGS - Neovalen & CJ2311

My SR:LE-REGS - Stuff missing and additional stuff added.

My point is now that you completed SR:LE (STEP or whatever), make a copy of the profile and put your own spin on it. Maintain your versions as well as the original versions. Understand, that you cannot willy nilly use the same save game for each profile. Most of My versions of the game include NPCs (especially well voiced ones), most Populated Mods (no longer on Nexus), and some from sites that probably cannot be mentioned here. Removing mods that the original PACK/STEP maker liked, but you may not requires knowledge of TES5Edit to remove references from the patches from mods that you may not use. Removing the mod references presents some problems, but this may not be a major issues if you made your own "SR Conflict Resolution.esp" patch instead of simply downloading Neos pre-made one. You should have learned the basic skills.

Oh duh!  I totally forgot that I could do that.  Thanks for hitting me upside the head with a brick (figurativel).

And the mod order in MO matters a lot, whichever mod you'll place at the bottom of the list will overwrite assets from mods that come before it if there's a conflict.

I know that the mod load order is critical.  I was asking about the order in which the mods were installed.  Of course, after they are installed they will be properly sorted.

smash isnt exactly a bashed patch, it more of a patch creator but it still needs its hand held, unlike bashed patch.

Ah.  Ok.  I'll have to take a look at that.  Thanks for clarifying.