Xaviien

Separate Spoiler button

Question

Would there be any chance of adding a spoiler button near the quote button, rather than having it hidden in the Special BBCode menu? I've noticed quite a few people that aren't even aware there is a spoiler option, and that it needs to be typed out manually each time, including GrantSP:

There isn't a button on the toolbar that does it, you will need to remember a bit of BBCode (Bulletin Board code) to paste in everytime.

It's pretty simple, once you know it.

[spoiler]text that you want to be in the spoiler[/spoiler]

Since spoilers are so useful and popular, I think this addition would greatly increase the usability of the forum.

Edited by Xaviien

5 answers to this question

It is there, but it isn't the most obvious thing to see, as evidenced by this thread.

As it is the toolbar has a defined button for Twitter but not this oft-used bit of BBCode.

Indeed it is. I have highlighted my main point in my OP. When people are trying to post spoilers, they are looking for a button labelled "Spoiler" not a button labelled "Special BBCode".

I think it would be worthwhile making it into it's own button, like "Image", "Code", "Quote", "Twitter" etc, as spoiler is just as widely used, if not more so, especially for the newest members when posting mod lists to get personalised assistance.

yeah, I can see how people would miss it.

I dont know how hard it is to add a button the the wysiwyg

Adding a button is not really an option, as it will not transcend skins or IPB updates (it is part of the editor interface, which will likely see an overhaul in IPB v4). This is something to post about on the IPB forums as a software enhancement.

Spoilers are pretty common on all forums, and the BB code is pretty simple. We have a custom spoiler here, and you can point people to this thread (it is already in this forum, so I have pinned it).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Valmar33
      Hi DoubleYou,
      I was wondering if you could add support for Enderal Special Edition? Namely, the Steam edition which uses different path names and config file names.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By torminater
      Hey guys!

I've got some plans sketched out for writing a Skyrim Bugs Guide.
      It will cover lots of prominent Skyrim Bugs, a detailed description of them and if available any fixes or improvements that can be applied. The different bugs will be worked on here in this thread by volunteers and will be implemented in a STEP-wiki-guide as soon as they're ready. Also it will be uploaded on the Nexus as a .pdf-file if it's ready for it, so people can check in an easy manner if any breaking news on bugs are around.
      I provided SkyrimNexusModder Gopher with a database on all of the bugs and fixes etc. pp. I found so far and he'll produce video/s about these in either his Skyrim Mod Sanctuary or a separate series of videos. He mentions it in his latest Skyrim Mod Sanctuary Part 25 www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gKcjm66qM .
      As soon as the guide is finished and on the nexus we'll be able to get some featurings by big Skyrim Mod Channels.
      This might get some more attention for Skyrims problems (at least for PC-versions) so Bethesda might concentrate their efforts on finding solutions on skyrim-based problems!

I think this project is in the interest of the whole Skyrim community! I will NOT be able to do this on my own, but I hope that I'll get some support on this matter from... YOU! ;-)

Cheers,
      torminater

EDIT:
      So here's what we're going to work on so far!

• By z929669
      Please report any "issues" related to the new forums by posting on existing or creating new threads under this forum.

There should not be any bugs per se, but users having problems with navigation/posting/general use of the new forums should do so.  Same goes for enhancement requests as per usual.

Please revive an existing thread before creating a new one ... review threads and search before posting!