TES5Edit showing sort problem

Yippee38

Question

I finished installing all of the mods in the SR:LE today.  When installing, I ran into two problems installing in the order indicated.  First was trying to do the Merge on Vividian - Weather - Lighting Enhancement.  It was coming up with an error about Wearable Lanterns.  There's a note in the guide explaining that Wearable Lanterns needs to be installed to do the merge.  As a result, I didn't do the merge or create the BOSS Userlist items for that mod.

The second was Real Shelter.  I got a message about BFT - Carriages and Ships when trying to merge.  Again, I installed as indicated, but didn't do the merge or BUM additions.

After I installed the Compatibility Patches, I went back and did the merge on Vividian Weather, then set up the BUM entries.  I did the same for Real Shelter.  Both worked fine (after I fixed on BUM entry I had screwed up).

I made the post install .ini tweaks, and ran BOSS.  It came back with no warnings.  The next step is Conflict Resolution.  I started watching the video (I've watched it before) and went to set up the filter settings per the video.  However, when I loaded TES5Edit with all active mods selected, I got an error message saying:

[00:08] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "RSPatch.esp" requires master "Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp" to be loaded before it.>

Now I'm really confused.  I think I screwed up the merge somehow.  When I finished, I ended up with:

Vividian ENB - Weather and Lightning Enhancement - Vivid Color Version.......61

Vividian - Extended Weathers....................................................................62

Vividian ENB.............................................................................................63

Vividian ENB - Vividi Version Merge.............................................................64

I've moved all of the .esps specified in the merge into Optional ESPs through MO (the first two in the above list contained those .esps).  I've also unchecked those two mods in the left side of MO as the merge is based on those two.  However, I now have two Vividian ENB.esps.  One is in the "...\Mod Organizer\mods\Vividian ENB" directory from the Vividian ENB mod listed at 63 above, and one is in the "...\Mod Organizer\mods\Vividian ENB - Vivid Version Merge" directory from the Merge listed as 64 above.  I tried disabling the Vividian ENB mod, but I still get the same error (of course, because the Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp file has been merged, and the original file disabled).

So, I see two problems:

1)  I have two Vividian ENB.esps.  I think maybe the one in the Vividian ENB directory should be deleted.  <?>

2)  I have no Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp because I merged it (and other files) into the merge, and disabled them.  Should the merge have been renamed to Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp after the merge?

What did I do wrong?

Edited by Yippee38

3 answers to this question

Looking at it again, it really looks like the instructions will leave you with two Vividian ENB.esp files.  The guide has you install Vividian ENB - Vivid Version and install it.  That creates a Vividian ENB.esp.  Then, when you do the merge, you create another Vividian ENB.esp.  The guide doesn't tell you which to keep and which to get rid of.  You also do not end up with a Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp AFAICT.

Looking at it again, it really looks like the instructions will leave you with two Vividian ENB.esp files. The guide has you install Vividian ENB - Vivid Version and install it. That creates a Vividian ENB.esp. Then, when you do the merge, you create another Vividian ENB.esp. The guide doesn't tell you which to keep and which to get rid of. You also do not end up with a Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp AFAICT.

You should end up with a single Vividian ENB.esp as all the Vividian files are included in the merge. The base Vividian install does not include this esp.

The problem with your RSPatch sounds like you ran the script before merging all the Vividian files into one, thus it has a bad master.

Thanks Neovalen.  That fixed it.  I had to replace the RSPatch.esp in the ...\mods\Real Shelter Patch Template directory with the one from the .zip file.  Then I was able to create the patch again.  After doing that, TES5Edit stopped giving that error.

I'm getting so close.  Can't wait to play again!