Reputation System

TechAngel85

Vote On Our Reputation System Implementation  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which implementation do you prefer for post voting? (post voting is done by ticking on the red or green button in the lower right of another member's post. This is done to either support/thank or refute/deplore said member's post)

• A positive-only "post-voting" (thank) system, where only opportunity for support/thanks is possible.
    • A positive & negative "post-voting" (reputation) system (our curent implementation), where members can choose to either up or down vote another member's post.
    • No "post voting" at all. Up & down voting posts serves no purpose at all.
    • I couldn't care less either way.

This poll is closed to new votes

Question

Please take a moment to vote on our implementation above ^ . Please do so only after familiarizing yourself with commentary on this thread in addition to the way post voting works. thanks!

NOTE: We are not committed to making any changes based on this poll result, but the result may hold some sway.

-STEP

Can we do away with the Reputation System entirely or is it a core feature in the forums? It usefulness is absolute zero and it causes more upsets than anything.

We removed edit post ability, due to abuse on several occasions by multiple members. This encourages more careful posting, anyway. Tech plans to post an announcement with some details on the change and resolution for those with a legitimate need.

We removed edit post ability, due to abuse on several occasions by multiple members. This encourages more careful posting, anyway. Tech plans to post an announcement with some details on the change and resolution for those with a legitimate need.

I'm still able to edit my posts. Do I get a special treatment because I'm so bad at English that I always need to edit my posts for typos ? :P

At any rate, I think this was a bad decision, though I'll wait for a proper official thread to debate this.

Sorry to ask again,

is editing a post on a timer? I had to double post on a forum (afaik deadly sin last time i was on a forum.... decades ago), i found I had omitted something. I tend to be OCD about self-editing to make sure what i say is as clear & easy as humanly possible.

edit: disregard. saw the sticky with 15minutes. Quora spoiled me.

Edited by locthebard

Sorry to ask again,

is editing a post on a timer? I had to double post on a forum (afaik deadly sin last time i was on a forum.... decades ago), i found I had omitted something. I tend to be OCD about self-editing to make sure what i say is as clear & easy as humanly possible.

edit: disregard. saw the sticky with 15minutes. Quora spoiled me.

Yes. You have 15 mins to edit your posts. After that, editing privileges expire for normal members.

I'm not sure I agree fully with the message edit timer because sometimes things change and you need to update after the 15 minute timer has expired and you then have to bug a mod to edit your post for you, it just seems unproductive to me, but it's not my place to say really, Just wanted to get my opinion out there.