Unable to Proceede Past Main Menu Using SKSE

Tyler799

Question

Hello!

I recently got a new computer and decided to try Skyrim again. However, I'm running into a new issue I don't remember dealing with all those months ago.

I installed SKSE using the official installer, and aparently manually (using the archive) as well using the STEP guide video. When I use the SKSE launcher on my desktop, I can go into skyrim and play just fine. However, when I attempt to use the SKSE Launcher in Mod Organizer (which would have all my mods), I get to the main menu, press "new game" and find that it doesn't go anywhere. It just sits there with the main theme and smoke.

To ensure mods weren't an issue, I went to my profile for MO and disabled everything but the main 3 expansions that come with Skyrim. However, the issue persists.

I'm running Windows 7 with all recent updates. Skyrim, as I said, is the latest version from Steam. Mod organizer and SKSE are both the latest availble versions (1.7.1 for SKSE and 1.3.3 for MO).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT:

This is getting weird. I can run LOOT outside MO just fine. I decided to cut and paste the whole LOOT folder from the Program Files to the C:\Games folder I created, and it opened up fine again,  but when I hit "sort plugins" it crashed. Now when I launch it again, it crashes automatically.

What's up with this?

Running ANY tool outside of MO will produce undesired effects to you modded game. None of the 'installed' mods actually exist in Skyrim's Data folder and these tools just won't see them.

Simply uninstall your LOOT and re-install it into the C:\Games\ folder (copy/paste may not be the best option). Set the executable to be run from inside MO and try again. You may have to delete the existing settings LOOT established by deleting the LOOT folder found in your <UserName>AppData\Local\ folder.

This statement concerns me: "(took some work since I moved the skyrim installation)".

Many tools look to the registry to establish a valid Skyrim installation, if you have incorrectly moved this, or moved it after those tools have already used the previous registry settings, then you will have issues.

I think you may have slightly misunderstood my message, but I got it working in any case.

I had to uninstall LOOT, Reinstall it, run it once, follow the step guide to put it in MO and now it works fine.

In any case, then I cleaned all the main files using TES5Edit, made a bashed patch and tweaked the INS settings using the configurator. Seems to work fine now.

Still a little jittery, but I think that's caused by Immersive First Person mod. Other than that, everything's working fine. I think this one can be marked as completed now.

Those step guides work wonders. :D