T3nd0's Perkus Maximus with SR:LE

Make sure you have the 32-bit version of java, not then 64-bit, and edit the MO launcher to ensure the path to javaw.exe is the one in Program Files (x86) rather than Program files, if you installed to default locations.

Then, if you are running it through SUM, set the memory to 1024 in the SUM options (don't be tempted to put it higher, even if you have plenty of RAM)

Else, edit the Patchus Maximus shortcut in MO to start in the 32-bit java, as above, and change the arguments  -Xmx1024m -jar "C:\Games\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Perkus Maximus - Maximum Perk Overhaul\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_PatchusMaximus\PatchusMaximus.jar" "-NOSTREAM", changing the path to wherever MO is installed, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

How realistic is it to install, on top of your PerMa+SRLE guid here, the REGS mods? If it is realistic, are there any mods from REGS that I should avoid?

Any advice on installing REGS on top of Perma+SRLE would be hugely appreciated :)

I've only finished with SRLE, and about to do PerMa with your very helpful guide here. I'm sure I'll be happy with Perma+SRLE, but anything I can add from REGS would make my return to Skyrim after a year off even better!

I've been able to keep all of the SR:LE and REGS stuff when doing my pack (which I finally have time to revise) it's a bit out of date atm but I'm working on it slowly. I feel all of those ETaC patches and the RS Children patches among others should be merged no matter what you do they simply eat up so many plugin spots.

For what it's worth, I was able to install SRLE+REGS+PERMA with few issues and ended at about 230 esps. This is just doing the merges that are recommended in the respective guides, no creative merging of my own. The process was pretty straight-forward. Just take your time with it and follow the guides.

• +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sucks i didn't see this topic before, had issues with perma figured might be other stuff like some merged mods i did.. 

Then again my modding was
Step>SRLE>REGS + housing mods, dragonborn gallery and companions in the end might have had too many mods, and until i was there i might have made way too many mistakes during mod installation.

Also this time i know which mods i wont need in srle or regs so there should be less issues with merging (Seriously i learned skyrim had plugin limit when i was over 100 mods over it)

Anyway thanks, i'm definitely gonna use this when i get to perma.

EDIT:

Btw, it seems Even Better Quest Objectives fomod has PerMa ompatibility patch, should it be ignored ?

Resolves conflicts between EBQO and Perkus Maximus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59849/?) - specifically, merges changes to the MGRitual quests (script and record) between EBQO and the Mage module of Perkus Maximus.

Edited by ashton