T3nd0's Perkus Maximus with SR:LE

7. Get ready for patching. First start with removing old patches:

Remove the old RSpatch

Remove the old TES5Edit Merge Patch

Remove the old Bashed Patch

Remove the old Fnis

Remove the old DSR patch

Deactivate SR Conflict Resolution (the one Neo made)

8. Remake RSpatch

Reactivate SR SR Conflict Resolution

This is slightly off topic, but you state to uncheck the SR Conflict Resolution patch to make the RSpatch. Is this something that needs to be done specifically for installing PM, or should this be done any time I need to make the RSpatch? Like for example when making the RSpatch for the base SR:LE install.

Edited by Kotis
  • +1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on the info in this thread and the pcapp faq, this is the patch order that I am thinking should work. This is using SRLE + REGS + Perma.

RSPatch
Tes5edit merge patch
Bashpatch
asis patch
patchus maximus
dsr patch
Dyndolod - I imagine this could be before the real shelter patch but it also takes the longest of them all (for me) so I'm going to do this last. Considering this and RS don't affect combat/items/stats etc, I don't think their order should matter.

What do you guys think?

Hey guys.. just finished installing SRLE+REGS+PERMA and my end of loadorder looks like this:

SR Conflict Resolution.esp
REGS - SRLE Patch.esp
Pre PaMa CCF Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
DynDOLOD.esp
RSPatch.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp
ASIS.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

I've noticed that TES5Edit merge patch isn't in the end of the load order..do i have to add a loot rule to load after regs-srle patch?

Tbh I still don't really see the benefits of a TES5Edit Merged Patch here because a lot of things that the Bashed Patch doesn't handle is handled by SR Conflict Resolution. I tried a TES5Edit merged patch for my own setup (which doesn't include PerMa though) and while it did fix a couple of minor things it mostly messed up things that mods like WAF and CCOR tried to accomplish. If people insist on using a TES5Edit Merged Patch along with SR:LE and additional mods I'd highly recommend looking through the patch to see what it is actually patching (or potentially messing up).

• +1 1

I have a feeling Raulfin did not expect most installers of Perma to have a manual created compatibility patch which deals with all the minor compatibility problems in the SRLE setup. 

I concur with Pretendevor. I shall explain in slightly more detail; the unofficial patches makes a few changes to the materials of armor and weapons, to fix some obvious bugs. WAF and CCF come along and change those materials in order to do what it needs to do. When you run the merge patch process, you end up with a patch at the end of the process that has both the original material, and the WAF or CCF one. This means trouble for CCOR, which uses the material to do some of its work and I suspect expects the vanilla materials to be replaced (hence the reason the CCOR Nexus mod page strongly recommends WAF to be installed).

While I did find a few records that fixed minor conflicts irrc they were all for mods I had installed on top of SRLE, not base SRLE mods, which are all covered by the SR conflict resolution guide. There is nothing special about the Patchus Maximus process that requires it to be aware of both materials, and as such the tes5mergepatch is certainly not required.

If you know what you are doing, and have installed mods on top of SRLE, then creating the merged patch will assist in finding minor conflicts but you will need to manually delete a lot of records, in addition to the level lists, in order to make it work as intended.

TL;DR: If you blindly follow the instructions as given, you will certainly lose at least some functionality of CCOR, and possibly other mods, for zero benefit.

Edited by shaunlewis
  • +1 1

Hmmm... taking a closer look, maybe you have a point there. I didn't find many records, maybe a half dozen, and none for any armours, but the ones I did find were from a mod I added on top.

Maybe the Merge patch is un-needed given the SRLE conflict resolution. At least in my experience, the issues were only minor things like circlet weights etc, though. Not sure that's losing 'some functionality'. But still, it was worth taking the peek.

So i have both SRLE AND  REGS Installed so now i am at  the perma pack to finish it off but the PAMA  patches  are confusing me a bit 

Should only these  be ticked on in the installer  and ignore everything else ?

Version: 2.1.1

Installer Options: 
Standalone Patches:

• Weapon Armor Fixes Remade
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
  • Bring Out Your Dead

Replacement ESPs:

• Immersive Armors
  • Better Vampires
  • Winter Is Coming

Optional Patches:

• Elys Uncapper ini
  • Clothing Clutter Fixes
  • Frostfall
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures

Better Vampires:

• Better Vampires

Bring Out Your Dead:

• PerMa

Optionals: 
Updates: 
PerMa XML Edits Only

So i have both SRLE AND  REGS Installed so now i am at  the perma pack to finish it off but the PAMA  patches  are confusing me a bit 

Should only these  be ticked on in the installer  and ignore everything else ?

Version: 2.1.1

Installer Options: 

Standalone Patches:

• Weapon Armor Fixes Remade
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
  • Bring Out Your Dead

Replacement ESPs:

• Immersive Armors
  • Better Vampires
  • Winter Is Coming

Optional Patches:

• Elys Uncapper ini
  • Clothing Clutter Fixes
  • Frostfall
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures

Better Vampires:

• Better Vampires

Bring Out Your Dead:

• PerMa

Optionals: 

Updates: 

PerMa XML Edits Only

Use the merged version of the first three.

I think Winter is Coming isn't required as we only install the craft plugin.

Regarding optional patches I also installed Wyrmstooth and aMidian Content Addon.

thanks .

i am also confused here :

6. Then either use MO's lock ability or BOSS Userlist manager to sort mods into correct place as follows:

- after ESM's load order location (After very important esp's aswell - list may vary from user to user)

Which Very important esps do you mean ?

If i am using SRLE+ REGS + PERMA  after which   plugin should those first line of plugins  be placed after ?

thanks .

i am also confused here :

6. Then either use MO's lock ability or BOSS Userlist manager to sort mods into correct place as follows:

- after ESM's load order location (After very important esp's aswell - list may vary from user to user)

Which Very important esps do you mean ?

If i am using SRLE+ REGS + PERMA  after which   plugin should those first line of plugins  be placed after ?

Use this list as reference

It should be after Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

• +1 1

After my ESMs, in my case the last one is ETaC - Resources.esm, but its basically those bolded by MO, I have in this order;

GDO, WAFR, CCF, IA, aMidianBorn_ContentAddon, CCOR, then the Perkus ESPs ( I also run apocalypse, which comes next).

I lock that order in MO, as well as locking the bottom few mods from Alternate Start downwards, which includes  ELE, the conflict resolution patches, the PCaPP patches  and the dynamic patches once generated.

I then run LOOT and let it order all other mods in the middle of those two locked regions, which LOOT currently  would otherwise order in a strange way that is obviously wrong.

I also wouldn't bother making the TES5edit merged patch for the reasons in my last post.

This seems to work well, although I have limited ingame play.

EDIT: I notice the OPs load order (which you can see using the modwatch link) has rather a few additional SRLE mods in between, which I am not sure I agree with. Since none of them appear to touch the stuff covered by PerkMa, if probably doesn't matter.

Edited by shaunlewis