Immersive Horses (by sevencards)

Octopuss

Wait, that's not implemented? Damnit. I don't feel like installing something as complex as EFF simply to make Gorr and Serana ride a horse :(

Speaking of Serana, was the flaming and exploding horse a feature of CH? She kept pissing me off by that ::D:

Haha, yeah.  On the up side, if you get into combat while mounted.. she'll get off the flaming horse and send it towards the bad guys like a galloping grenade.  It's kinda funny.

In CH, once you progress a bit through the Dawnguard story.. you can convince her to use a normal horse.

Back on topic, this mod really looks like a winner.  I actually prefer the horse armor to be something to equip rather than going through MCM.  It also specializes Frost as how he was introduced to you in the first place ("A purebred stallion faster than all other horses in Skyrim")

Edited by Kravis

• 7 months later...

In features how does this compare to ch?

Are there any notable perks to this mod?

Why should someone switch?

It did change the whole way I play the the horse minigame in Skyrim.

1. Horses are not Convenient any more.

They are like NPCs in the game, if you tell it to wait somewhere it will wait there and interact with the world like defending itself against wolves and such or you can dismiss it to a stable. If the horse dies, it is dead (stable horses respawn and can be purchased again).

Going on a trip needs some planning to do, which horses of my herd do I whistle for or do I just call for all of them? If there is a fight on the way followers usually dismount and engage. After the fight you need to check if any of your horses died or ran off and collect them, one of your followers may have to walk from here on...

Once you arrive, you need to find a place to 'park' the horses without blocking the path for too many NPC.

Edited by disi

• 1 month later...

I am given serious thought in switching to this when i finally start my new playthrough i have SRLE as a base so is there any major i need to be aware of.

I've been wanting to give Immersive Horses a try for awhile now, and have been hoping that Neo would consider replacing Convenient Horses with it in the guide. I hadn't wanted to tackle it on my own, because in the back of my mind I had this notion that the SR Conflict Resolution patch relied on Convenient Horses as a master, and I had no desire to redo the entire patch to accommodate Immersive Horses.

Then I saw your post, and I was going to mention the SR patch as a potential problem, which made me double-check myself to be sure it really was an issue, which led to the discovery that I was completely wrong (no big news there!), which led to my finally being able to do what I've been wanting to do all along. So now Immersive Horses is part of my mod order, thanks to you! So... thanks. To you! *LOL*

Now if I could only figure out why I thought it was an issue at all. Maybe it was in a previous version of the patch? More likely I just imagined the whole thing.

P.S. I'm not saying there aren't any major issues - just that the issue that kept me from trying it personally doesn't appear to actually exist.

• +1 1

• 2 months later...

I'm going to be installing this for my playthrough instead of Convenient Horses to test it out. I think this could be a better option for STEP seeing that it has mostly the same features, but is less script intensive. I also like the horse model/texture overhaul that comes with it.

The only issue I think others point out is that using it alone, followers cannot ride horses.  It looks like some other, more script intensive, follower mod must also be installed.  Correct me if I read that wrong.

Before STEP I used 'Horse Followers' which has it's own pluses/minuses, but does not have things like mounted chat, loot, harvest, which must admit are growing on me for their, uhmm convenience.

If you have even one follower and use a horse, you want them to be on a horse, it's just natural.

You don't need a follower mod. The default setting is off for followers and you turn it on in the MCM.

This has been tested? Because the below reads that you need one of the mentioned mods:

Followers' Horses (order of preference):

EFF - Extensible Follower Framework by Expired

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul by fLokii

AFT - Amazing Follower Tweaks by Dheuster

Supporting vanilla followers and up to fifteen followers from either of these mods. Installed mod will be detected automatically so there is no need for any additional tweaking. This feature is disabled by default and has to be enabled in configuration menu.

I'm just wanting to be certain here.

How do you guys judge whether a mod is script-intensive or not? I ask this because I was using an altogether different horse mod (kuertee's Horse Commands) and am now wondering if it has been unnecessarily taxing script-wise. Never occurred to me to suspect a horse mod (besides the 'usual suspects' like Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Footprints, etc).